'We're in a (bleep) tornado!' store

Status
Not open for further replies.
It only takes a handful of a state legislators somewhere to make a very large headache for chasers. Im sure a few were watching CNN today...just something to think about.
[/b]

Well at least on the bright side most of the time law enforcement is busy during a tornado, so harassment under the meso is not a real issue, but driving to a storm is a another story.

It would be a real pain in the butt to make life miserable for chasers. For one, how can it be argued chasing is not spotting and what you are doing is chasing vs spotting? The gray area is so big messing with chasing messes with spotting. Then of course you have the general "what are you doing" aspect. I might be driving a DOW towards a supercell but does it mean I am storm chasing? I might be going to visit my auntie :lol:

Then there is the issue of state laws, it is doubtful anything major would ever emerge in all the chase states and it is very unlikely something national would ever be put through.

The moderating team has chosen to lock this thread. Randy is not present to defend himself, and we've had discussions similar to this in the past. It is not necessarily bad to talk about issues that may affect storm chasing as a whole, but I'm not sure much can come about from this particular discussion (e.g. the possible risks of "yahoo" or "risky" chasers in terms of image or legal issues for the rest of the chaser community seems to come up every year). Several posts are already borderline in terms of violating the "Conduct" rule:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE("Stormtrack Rules")</div>
3. Conduct. Stormtrack is not a venue for "free speech". Hostile, abusive, and offensive conduct is prohibited. Ridicule and intimidation of another user constitutes a serious breach of our community standards, and will often result in suspension or expulsion. When debating, be civil at all times and attack the point, not the person. Ad-hominem arguments are not tolerated. [/b]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back