Welcome 'White Lightning'

WHITE LIGHTNING

TCNew08.jpg

My new chase vehicle has been bought; yesterday morning, I went up to Boulder to pick up the new ride. In the coming weeks, this poor 1996 soccer-mom vehicle will undergo a handful of transformations that'll turn her into the third generation of my chase vehicles. I'll post updates between here and my blog as I begin to take the tools to her. Below are some stats..

1996 Chrysler Town & Country LX
Bought: January 14, 2006 w/ 57,651 miles
Paid-in-full: $6725

Nice! I just ALMOST bought the exact same type minivan back in 2004 and ended up with the 94 POS instead (they greatly improved it starting in 96!)

Welcome to the Minivan Stormchaser Club! :lol:

Good looking van Tony! Now the fun begins with transforming it into the next chase vehicle. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out. I am thinking about going to the newer bodystyle like that.

Originally posted by David Drummond
Nice! I just ALMOST bought the exact same type minivan back in 2004 and ended up with the 94 POS instead (they greatly improved it starting in 96!)
Welcome to the Minivan Stormchaser Club! :lol:

LOL! I know what you are saying about the '94 models. I have a nice '94 Grand Caravan and HATE the way it handles in strong winds. I originally bought it to be a chase vehicle but opted not to and have yet to ever chase in it. I use my white '95 Chrysler New Yorker and love it.

Nothing says "BIG HAILSTONE MAGNET" like big windows!! LOL I don't know how you minivan guys do it. Best part of getting a new vehicle is setting it up for the chase!! Have a blast!

Originally posted by Eric Treece
Nothing says "BIG HAILSTONE MAGNET" like big windows!! LOL I don't know how you minivan guys do it. Best part of getting a new vehicle is setting it up for the chase!! Have a blast!

Heh, I lose more windshields to rocks being thrown up by cars than I do to hail. That said, GOOD INSURANCE with a ZERO deductible.

Nice ride Tony! I'm sure that will be a nice upgrade for this season.

Originally posted by David Drummond+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(David Drummond)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Eric Treece

Heh, I lose more windshields to rocks being thrown up by cars than I do to hail. That said, GOOD INSURANCE with a ZERO deductible.[/b]

Yeah, I have FOUR rock impact 'stars' on my windshield since last May! Thanks to those coal trucks that get on the interstate at 65mph and sling all the rocks in their treads out. No damage from hail even though I took a few good hits on June 9 in Hill City that didn't leave any marks at all.

Just two days ago I was running the defroster and one of the rock impact points broke loose with a loud POP and sent a crack all the way across the windshield. It's along the bottom so it doesn't obstruct the view. And I just got my car inspected last week, so I don't have to fix it right away - which means I don't have to worry about hail this year. I'm going to have to fix it eventually, so bring it on :) A windshield that gets cracked before chase season is a blessing!

Originally posted by David Drummond+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(David Drummond)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Eric Treece

Heh, I lose more windshields to rocks being thrown up by cars than I do to hail. That said, GOOD INSURANCE with a ZERO deductible.[/b]

Well said! Im on my third windshield AFTER returning from May 05 chase!

Mike R.

Back