For Sale: My EX Storm Chase Vehicle!!!

Tim Samaras

WX-CHASE:

For those who might be interested, I have my white Dodge AWD Caravan up for sale on Ebay starting at one penny with NO reserve:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=4520483955

Its been converted back to a regular "soccer mom" vehicle, but I posted it here, because I have all of the custom-built "furniture" I used for chasing that will go with the vehicle..if interested. Also, the roof is "pre-drilled" for cable access!

If a real "soccer mom" does buy it, then the furniture will be offered for free to the chase community, otherwise the "rubbish engineer" will remove it for me.

I would have kept this vehicle for another 100,000 miles, but I really needed a heavier vehicle for the things I’m doing these days. It really is in excellent mechanical condition with a rebuilt transmission.

This is an absolute sale where the vehicle WILL be sold to the highest bidder. If you have any questions, please email me!

If you're the winning bidder and attending the big convention in DEN, I'll have it waiting for you at the hotel...just catch a ride out here with a buddy, and drive it home!

Please..bid often..bid high!

Thanks!
Tim Samaras

Sorry...NO EQUIPMENT is included!!!!!!

Not Included...

Not even a (slightly used)shiny red cone?

;)

shawn

You may want to be careful with $0.01 no reserve on something that expensive.... someone could theoretically bid $100, then set a false bid for $10K under a second account, then retract the $10K bid one twelve hours before the auction forcing it back to $100. Even if the scammer doesn't win by that point you'd be lucky to get market price. I forgot the name for that trick, though it's been a little less practical since they added the 12 hour time constraint on retractions. Can't remember if you can cancel auction at that stage.

Tim

I wouldn't accept paypal for such a high ticket item either.

I'll second that one! Their still holding several thousand dollars of my money (yes, they managed to take money from my CC, even though they told me they wouldn't :mad:), but luckily, I have got good response from the Nebraska and California Attorney General offices, and a lawyer who is willing to work with me on a contingency fee basis.

Tim wrote:

You may want to be careful with $0.01 no reserve on something that expensive.... someone could theoretically bid $100, then set a false bid for $10K under a second account, then retract the $10K bid one twelve hours before the auction forcing it back to $100.

Tim:

Actually, it doesn't quite work that way. The highest bid will ALWAYS be within the minimum bid amount of the previous bid. Say scam guy A bids $100, scam guy B bids $10,000. The bid will ONLY increment to $110 if the minimum bid is $10. If scam guy B retracts his bid...so what? The ONLY exception would be if one had a reserve. In the above example, if I had a reserve $6,500, and scam guy B put his bid in, then the bid would advance to the reserve of $6,500. I'm protected fairly well as the scammer MUST have SEVERAL people in line to decline their bid.

Besides...it's more fun selling stuff with no reserve!

Oh, and who says its going to be that expensive?

Dan Cook wrote:

I wouldn't accept paypal for such a high ticket item either.

Dan:

Remember I'm the receiving end ot getting $$$ from Paypal. If I can't go to my account and withdraw that money, they don't get their goodies.
Also, as long as they have a verified account, an excellent track record, and his bill to and ship to address match...I don't have a problem.

**Money in hand delivers the product***

Hope that clears stuff up a bit..

Tim

Back