• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

Website With Synoptic Data for Major Historical Tornadoes

When I was reaching my book Warnings from 2005-2010 there was a website that had synoptic data and patterns for various historic tornadoes (e.g., Udall, Woodward, Ruskin Heights, etc.). I cannot seem to find it today. Does anyone know if it still exists and, if so, the URL?

Thanks, everyone!!

Tornado Archive – The Ultimate Tornado Data Viewer

This is the only one that exists at the moment that I'm aware of (the tornadohistoryproject went under a couple years ago). Click on "data explorer" and there is a ton of stuff going way back. Also take a look at SPC's tornado environment browser as well, it is pretty good along with their "violent tornado webpage" which highlights events that produced F/EF4+ tornadoes.

Here are the links for those:

Tornado Environment Browser (SPC): Tornado Environment Browser

Violent tornado webpage (SPC): https://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/outbreaks/

Back