weather station smashed

Originally posted by Carrie Halliday+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Carrie Halliday)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Austin Ivey
Putting your weather station on Weather underground is a good deal. They give you a free member account when you setup your station on their page which means no pop-ups or imbedded ads.

I use WxSolution version 1.6 connected to my Davis Vantage Pro. WxSolution sends my stations data to Wunderground every 15 minutes.

FYI: Ambient weather (www.ambientweather.com) has a good package deal for all types of weather stations that includes the Davis weather logger and their proprietary virtual weather station. The data logger is required to upload your stations current conditions to the internet. The price for this package is $139 which is about $30 less than you can get the logger from Davis for....plus your get their free virtual weather station software.

I am working on getting mine on Wunderground right now too. I got Weatherlink for Christmas and waiting for the WG admin to email me back to get me all set up. Have my ID and password already. I can't get my info to download automatically every 30min (my setting), what am I missing? I asked my hubby about the data logger and he said he installed it in the base station. Anyone familiar with Weatherlink?[/b]

If you just signed up to Wunderground, it will take 24 hours before you start seeing the data on their site. Once the data finally hits their site, it should be current.

Originally posted by Carrie Halliday

I am working on getting mine on Wunderground right now too. I got Weatherlink for Christmas and waiting for the WG admin to email me back to get me all set up. Have my ID and password already. I can't get my info to download automatically every 30min (my setting), what am I missing? I asked my hubby about the data logger and he said he installed it in the base station. Anyone familiar with Weatherlink?

Bad news Carrie. I got the newest version of Weatherlink 5.5.1 and it was a nightmare trying to get my station data uploaded to Wunderground.

It turns out the software engineers at Davis decided to take out the Wunderground capability in this latest version of Weatherlink, much to many peoples dismay. So, luckily, weather underground does provide a free "extension" for weatherlink to add in weather underground uploading capabilties but I could not get it to function correctly within the weatherlink interface.

After spending nearly an hour on the phone with Davis and Weather Underground tech. support I decided to give in and download WxSolution which works great! Davis actually suggested going back to Weatherlink 5.4 (which still had Weather underground capability) but I didn't want to waste time doing this.

Good luck to you and let me know if you figure out how to make weather link 5.5.1 work!

Originally posted by Austin Ivey+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Austin Ivey)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Carrie Halliday

I am working on getting mine on Wunderground right now too. I got Weatherlink for Christmas and waiting for the WG admin to email me back to get me all set up. Have my ID and password already. I can't get my info to download automatically every 30min (my setting), what am I missing? I asked my hubby about the data logger and he said he installed it in the base station. Anyone familiar with Weatherlink?

Bad news Carrie. I got the newest version of Weatherlink 5.5.1 and it was a nightmare trying to get my station data uploaded to Wunderground.

It turns out the software engineers at Davis decided to take out the Wunderground capability in this latest version of Weatherlink, much to many peoples dismay. So, luckily, weather underground does provide a free "extension" for weatherlink to add in weather underground uploading capabilties but I could not get it to function correctly within the weatherlink interface.

After spending nearly an hour on the phone with Davis and Weather Underground tech. support I decided to give in and download WxSolution which works great! Davis actually suggested going back to Weatherlink 5.4 (which still had Weather underground capability) but I didn't want to waste time doing this.

Good luck to you and let me know if you figure out how to make weather link 5.5.1 work![/b]

I finally found what I have (version 5.5). Did you have problems with your information to download to your computer automatically? Or did you have to manually download the "packets"? Since I am DSL and my computer is on 24/7, I thought the data logger would download the information for me by itself. Am I asking for something it can't do?

Originally posted by rdewey+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rdewey)</div>
Originally posted by Carrie Halliday@

Putting your weather station on Weather underground is a good deal. They give you a free member account when you setup your station on their page which means no pop-ups or imbedded ads.

I use WxSolution version 1.6 connected to my Davis Vantage Pro. WxSolution sends my stations data to Wunderground every 15 minutes.

FYI: Ambient weather (www.ambientweather.com) has a good package deal for all types of weather stations that includes the Davis weather logger and their proprietary virtual weather station. The data logger is required to upload your stations current conditions to the internet. The price for this package is $139 which is about $30 less than you can get the logger from Davis for....plus your get their free virtual weather station software.

If you just signed up to Wunderground, it will take 24 hours before you start seeing the data on their site. Once the data finally hits their site, it should be current.[/b]

Been at this for 8 days, finally am sending emails and commencing to calling. I am trying to learn this but am in over my head on this software.
May have hubby take it back and get me Ambient Weather. Will see how I do tomorrow on the phone. :roll: Hate to do this, he really pinched some pennies to get me this software for Christmas. :)

Originally posted by Carrie Halliday+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Carrie Halliday)</div>
Originally posted by rdewey+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rdewey)
@

If you just signed up to Wunderground, it will take 24 hours before you start seeing the data on their site. Once the data finally hits their site, it should be current.[/b]

Been at this for 8 days, finally am sending emails and commencing to calling. I am trying to learn this but am in over my head on this software.
May have hubby take it back and get me Ambient Weather. Will see how I do tomorrow on the phone. :roll: Hate to do this, he really pinched some pennies to get me this software for Christmas. :)[/b][/quote]

Yikes, you might want to double check the return policy on where you bought the software. Almost every place I have been to will not accept software returns... I have been in many lines where people are trying to return some sort of software, only to be shot down by the store manager... I guess they have to do that though, to prevent pirating, but what if the disc is scratched or in your case, that version of the software is defective?

Originally posted by rdewey+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rdewey)
@

May have hubby take it back and get me Ambient Weather. Will see how I do tomorrow on the phone. :roll: Hate to do this, he really pinched some pennies to get me this software for Christmas. :)[/b][/quote]

Carrie,

Go to:
http://www.thunderheadtech.com/WxSolution/

You can download their Windows software program (make sure its compatible with your weather station) to upload your data to Wunderground. You can use it free for 20 days....then it costs $39 to buy.

If you buy the ambient internet package it will cost you at least $79.

After all my aforementioned Weatherlink problems, I'm using WxSolution and its working great.

Back