weather station smashed

Hey Austin, is this person who has the mentally ill sister going to reimburse you? Gee, sounds like she needs a nanny.

All this talk of the serial weather station killers has me wondering if I need to have surveillance on mine. Sure hope my neighbor who shares the fence that my station is mounted to is not mad at me....better bake him some cookies just to make sure he is happy! :D

And all this time I thought the squirrel was the only threat to my setup I had........... :shock: :lol:

Carrie, watch out for racoons. One turned an anemometer of mine into an ice cream scoop. :D Going back to Dan's situation, When will people grow up :cry: Now thats just stupidly stupid.

My anemometer is 17 feet up a PVC pipe, but my rain bucket is on the fence. Have seen the squirrel lookin' in there before and am a little concerned he may jump in and take a gander when he is going to come for some of his corn. So far, so good. Have yet to see a racoon in my area. *knocking on wood*

Living in an apartment complex where I sometimes have to deal with drunks pounding on my window and throwing beer bottles at my window at 3am, my weather station surprisingly hasn't fallen victim to any vandalism yet...then again all I have is a thermometer probe and 4-inch rain gauge that don't really draw attention to themselves. I actually don't think most people know what that stuff outside my bedroom window is.....one day I was startled to see someone come up to my window and say into my thermometer probe, "Why do you have a microphone on here?" Oh man I wish I got video of that!!!!

Originally posted by Austin Ivey
I know this is an old topic but I got my weather station back up recently.....it now sits 40 feet above the ground out of the reach of crazy neighbors!

Its official elevation (ASL) is 7,275 feet.

http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KNMLOSAL2

That's cool... I didn't know you could put your own weather station on Weather Underground (maybe that's because I never messed with it, LOL?). I just signed up, and will have my weather station up and running on that site soon. My station is located on the top of the garage on a 20 foot pole (so it's about 30 feet AGL), so no destruction by whacky neighbors :wink:

Putting your weather station on Weather underground is a good deal. They give you a free member account when you setup your station on their page which means no pop-ups or imbedded ads.

I use WxSolution version 1.6 connected to my Davis Vantage Pro. WxSolution sends my stations data to Wunderground every 15 minutes.

FYI: Ambient weather (www.ambientweather.com) has a good package deal for all types of weather stations that includes the Davis weather logger and their proprietary virtual weather station. The data logger is required to upload your stations current conditions to the internet. The price for this package is $139 which is about $30 less than you can get the logger from Davis for....plus your get their free virtual weather station software.

UWGB also has a weather station. It hasn't been vandalized yet, but with some of the idiots we have on campus it's probably only a matter of time. Maybe a protective electric fence is in order...

I find punching holes in to a septic tank is alittle hard to believe. The ones that i have put in the ground are 2- 3inch thick cement boxes. kinda like a really big cement coffin. But aleast there clean when they go in, I have never had to take one out of the ground hope i never will either might be a bit stinky. oh i dont have a weather station so i thought id coment on the septic tank :roll:

Later

Originally posted by Kurt Hulst
I find punching holes in to a septic tank is alittle hard to believe. The ones that i have put in the ground are 2- 3inch thick cement boxes. kinda like a really big cement coffin. But aleast there clean when they go in, I have never had to take one out of the ground hope i never will either might be a bit stinky. oh i dont have a weather station so i thought id coment on the septic tank :roll:

Later

Huh, I don't get it, LOL...

Originally posted by Kurt Hulst

Later

I found this hard to believe as well. The neighbors are Laotion so maybe when her brother was telling me this he meant something else. I didn't delve into her past history too much. Regardless, she has a track history of neighborhood vandalism!! :shock:

Originally posted by rdewey+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(rdewey)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Kurt Hulst

Later

Huh, I don't get it, LOL...[/b]

Okay, I should have read the thread from post #1... Clearly my mistake, LOL...

Originally posted by Austin Ivey
Putting your weather station on Weather underground is a good deal. They give you a free member account when you setup your station on their page which means no pop-ups or imbedded ads.

I use WxSolution version 1.6 connected to my Davis Vantage Pro. WxSolution sends my stations data to Wunderground every 15 minutes.

FYI: Ambient weather (www.ambientweather.com) has a good package deal for all types of weather stations that includes the Davis weather logger and their proprietary virtual weather station. The data logger is required to upload your stations current conditions to the internet. The price for this package is $139 which is about $30 less than you can get the logger from Davis for....plus your get their free virtual weather station software.

I am working on getting mine on Wunderground right now too. I got Weatherlink for Christmas and waiting for the WG admin to email me back to get me all set up. Have my ID and password already. I can't get my info to download automatically every 30min (my setting), what am I missing? I asked my hubby about the data logger and he said he installed it in the base station. Anyone familiar with Weatherlink?

Back