weather station smashed

Dan Cook

EF5
Our Met department has a Davis Pro weather station. This morning, I was in our lab and decided to get the latest weather stats. When I tried doing so, the display was showing weird readings. So the Professor and I decided to check it out.

When we got there, we noiced problems immediatly. The metal lock on the gate was broken, and the station itself was smashed up with what looks like a baseball bat.

:x

:twisted:

Some people are a$$holes... Wonder what satisfaction they actually got outta destroying a weather station...

Guess they don't think about the effort to reward ratio - They did all that work to destroy someone elses property, and what did they get? Nothing (except maybe in trouble if they got caught)...

Hmmmm, I wonder what Dan Cook's grades have been recently.

That sucks big time! I guess they figure weather and the knowledge learned from the unit doesn't affect them. I bet they would hate it if you did that to their Playstation.

If anyone has seen the Simpson episode where Homer destroys the weather station on the mock-Hollywood hill, they would probably blame it on Homer! :D

too bad for the station though :(

....be on the lookout for a tall, stocky, middle aged, balding, yellow skinned man with four fingers on each hand, last seen wearing blue jeans and a white polo shirt. He goes by the name Homer Simpson, and is wanted for multiple accounts of wanton destruction of weather stations in his home town of Springfield. He is believed to be connected to a recent event in Macomb, IL. Simpson allegedly used a baseball bat in the attack. He is considered armed and extremely stupid. :D :D :D :lol: :lol:

[Broken External Image]:http://www.thesimpsons.com/bios/images/bios_family_homer.gif

Originally posted by Amos Magliocco
These were no doubt outlaw chasers with nothing left to lose. Desperate people.

LOL, will probably be a huge public outcry to regulate chasing too eh? :lol: :wink:

My weather station was also vandalized last week.

ALL of my cables (7 total to all the sensors) on my vantage wireless pro were cut with scissors while the unit was in my backyard. It's been in the same place for almost a year.

I had to mail it off to Davis Instruments in California. The repair has cost me $105!!! :twisted:

When I get it back this Friday, my friend and I are mounting it on a THIRTY foot pole, cementing it into the ground and strapping it into the side of my condo with large bolts.

Lets see anyone try and mess with it then!

Dan -- did the Prof fail anyone recently?

Austin -- any neighbors complain about your wind vanes being an eyesore?

I strongly believe that wx stn vandalism doesn't lend itself to random hooliganism, unless it's sitting out in the middle of a field or a parking lot. Or there are obvious bored 13 year olds nearby.

Tim

Originally posted by Tim Vasquez

Austin -- any neighbors complain about your wind vanes being an eyesore?

No complaints related to that.

However, I did find out what happened. It turns out my neighbor has a mentally ill sister that lives with him. She's at home all day while hes working at the lab. He believes she came in the backyard and cut the cables to my weather station because of her disorder. Also, my satellite tv cables and internet cables were cut!

To take away my weather is one thing but to deprive me of satellite and internet over a weekend is another. It really pissed me off!

Apparently she's cut peoples cables before. Her ex-husband claims she punched holes in his septic tank and cut some telephone wires on his property.

How's that for a story??

Back