weather quiz!

8) RULES:

if you have a correct answer, you are allowed to ask a new question.

Questions just about weather.

:wink: THIS IS MY QUESTION:

Which cloud is the announce of the evolution between cumulus congestus and cumulonimbus?

This scientist was one of the first to suggest that lightning played a roll in the formation of life on earth.

Okay, this one is kinda easy, but here it goes.... who was the ONLY meteorologist to ever appear on the cover of Time magazine?

After realizing that the answers to most of the trivia questions were easily available on the internet, I wanted to go for something devilishly obscure :lol: . I'll be very surprised if anyone gets this.

Name the 18-year-old from Montgomery, Alabama who was in critical condition after a tornado threw him off his motorcycle on Sunday, November 25th, 1979 (this was an AP news release).

One of my all-time favorite weather books, the author is John Fuller, who, according to his blurb, is from right near my home town of Westport, Connecticut.

Since I do not attend OU, I take a guess at the year.
1960 is when OU meteorology program was established.

1960 first meteorology courses offered at OU
1963 first meteorology degree awarded.

Mike

I suppose no one is going to get this, and I don't want this thread to die, because it is fun. The answer can be seen in a newspaper clipping from my private collection of tornado stuff:

How can you expect someone to know that kinda stuff? This should be a weather trivia, not a quiz about people.

To answer Sam's question and to add to Mike's answer, it was Yoshi Sasaki.

I suppose both Mike and Laura should each get to ask a question now, as your collaboration led to the correct answer: Yoshi Sasaki in 1960.

Good Job, Guys!

Although some people do mistakenly use "collar cloud" as a synonym for "wall cloud" - the collar cloud is something entirely different. The synonym I'm looking for is actually still in use today - although it is quite obscure. Any guesses?

EDIT.....if nobody gets this by 11pm CST, I'll post the answer

Although some people do mistakenly use "collar cloud" as a synonym for "wall cloud" - the collar cloud is something entirely different. The synonym I'm looking for is actually still in use today - although it is quite obscure. Any guesses?

Damnit :!: LOL :lol:

Back