VIDEO SOFTWARE PROBLEM

Shane Adams

I'm attempting my very first DVD rendering unassisted, and it's a nightmare. Thanks to the wonderful schooling I've had the past 18 months from Mickey Ptak, I was familiar enough with the program (Pinnacle Studio 9) to be able to upload the raw video and create/edit my project. My problem is, everytime I go to render, the computer spits the DVD out at me and flashes an error that says "Incorrect disc media type, please insert a correct media". I've tried both DVD+R and DVD-R discs, and I keep getting the same error. This is exactly why I've always used an outside producer for my video projects, because I knew attempting it alone would be an absolute nightmare. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.

I'm attempting my very first DVD rendering unassisted, and it's a nightmare. Thanks to the wonderful schooling I've had the past 18 months from Mickey Ptak, I was familiar enough with the program (Pinnacle Studio 9) to be able to upload the raw video and create/edit my project. My problem is, everytime I go to render, the computer spits the DVD out at me and flashes an error that says "Incorrect disc media type, please insert a correct media". I've tried both DVD+R and DVD-R discs, and I keep getting the same error. This is exactly why I've always used an outside producer for my video projects, because I knew attempting it alone would be an absolute nightmare. If anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears.
[/b]

Hmm, not to sound silly, but are you sure your drive can actually burn DVD's? Only reason I ask is....I originally thought I had a dvd burner when in reality it was just a cd burner/dvd player. doh!

If that checks out, might try actually formatting the DVD before you try burning to it. Other than that I'm drawing a blank.

[/b]

Hi, Shane

Have you tried creating an image file or a folder instead of burning directly onto the dvd? I had a lot of problems rendering when I tried to make a dvd directly. Give it a try. :D

Best regards

Kai-Asle

Shane,

Have you tried burning a DVD with something else? You can use Nero to do this.

Another trick is to burn the DVD content, but don't burn to DVD. The shutdown Studio, restart it, and try burning from previously created content. Or Use Nero (or DVD burning software of your choice) to do the burning for you.

Otherwise, I would have to go with Tim's suggestion. Make absolutely sure that it's a DVD burner. It's easy enough to get confused. I know lots of folks that have been convinved the New Dell they just spent loads of cash on had a DVD burner only to find out that it was a DVD ROM/CD-RW drive.

John

Thanks to all of you for the replies. While I haven't found a solution for the burn problem, I did find a way around it (I'm only wanting a DVD to capture images from). I figured out an easy/quick way to resize images when captruing straight from my vidcam, so it's not neccessary for me to burn a DVD of my material now. I was under the impression (previously) that images created straight from vidcam uploads couldn't be sized to match what I already have on my website (images captured from DVDs). Once I figured out how to manipulate the image size to whatever specs I wanted without losing quality, my problem was solved.

But I'll be back in here this coming Fall asking for more software help when I'm trying to create my next DVD :lol:

Back