Video Camera Dash Mount Question

Well, I dropped by Best Buy earlier, and just as I expected, they didn't have the Sunpak mount in stock. Guess it's time to go with Plan B and head over to the filmtools website.

For those who have the Filmtools Gripper 115, can you remove the bit that holds the camera? I just got mine and as it's set up currently, it won't fit my HV20. Only way it would right now would be to hold it upside down.

For those who have the Filmtools Gripper 115, can you remove the bit that holds the camera? I just got mine and as it's set up currently, it won't fit my HV20. Only way it would right now would be to hold it upside down.
The screw and tensioner look like they are removable but I have not tried to do so. For what its worth I use a HV20 with the 115 unit. They work together ok, but there is little clearance.

Attachments

• hv20mount.jpg
    hv20mount.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 54
How were you able to get it on that way? I found out how to switch the plate but when I try doing it like yours it does not fit.

If your mount is pieced together like the one in the pic I'm not sure what problems you are running into. Are you running out of room at the ball joint surround?

Back