Vid editing software for Linux?

I'm seriously considering the switch to Linux. Is there any GOOD vid editing software that works with it or am I going to have to keep a windows partition to run premier?

Cool thanks for the links. I am about to set up my PC to run dual OPs so those links will be helpful plus I will be setting it up for GEMPAK also. Both of those video editing program's GUI look a lot like Liquid.

Thanks

Mick

ha I said to hell with dual booting, im jsut going to run win2000 from with in linux.

google gpsdrive, it's an open source gps mapping program.

now if we could just get the Gibson Ridge guy to make a linux/unix version of GRlevel II and III

Originally posted by Blake Michaleski
ha I said to hell with dual booting, im jsut going to run win2000 from with in linux.

How do you do that? Hmmm...

I have never tried the dual boot so I am not real sure how it is going to work. I have three hard drives in my pc so am going to put XP on one drive, Linux on the other, and leave the big hard drive for the large video files. So I hope it works out. If not I will just update my old pc and run linux on it for GEMPAK and the linux video editing software.

Mick

that would work well with the 3 drives...

Im planning on using a program called win4lin in where you boot in linux and then start windows from within.

But i'm still trying to get GTK+ to install since i need it to install soloII (UCAR program for viewing and editing radar data) for some research i'm doing.

Back