SN Unable to get my location to show up on the map?

C Emery

Enthusiast
Hi!
This past year I had no issues with radarscope showing my location to other spotters on the network until I upgraded my android phone.

However I just switched to using GRlevel and using the spotter network application, my surface pro does include a GPS locator however the application seemed to have some issues connecting to the onboard GPS. So I tried forcing an update manually, with coordinates. When I logged in online, I noticed my location hasn't changed since I upgraded my android phone through the location history, and I still do not show up on the map.

Is the GPS likely flawed on the device? should I try ordering a USB GPS dongle?

Thanks. I apologize for any typos or brevity. Typed through touch screen on my surface pro

When using the built in GPS you are probably using Windows Location Services. I have never seen anyone use that successfully with GR or SpotterNetwork. Everyone i know uses an external USB and if using both GR and SpotterNetwork, they also add GPS GATE software to split the signal. I don't know that those programs support Windows LOcation Services, but I could be wrong.

When using the built in GPS you are probably using Windows Location Services. I have never seen anyone use that successfully with GR or SpotterNetwork. Everyone i know uses an external USB and if using both GR and SpotterNetwork, they also add GPS GATE software to split the signal. I don't know that those programs support Windows LOcation Services, but I could be wrong.

Hi Randy. I ended up getting an earthmate using the Delorme serial emulator, after some mucking around I got it working with the Delorme earthmate usb GPS. Unfortunately it seems windows location services just isn't compatible as you mentioned with the spotter network, I tried pushing it through with some software with no success.

Thank you so much for your reply! Saved me some time frustration of trying to solve something that just isn't stably compatible.

Back