Tornado Report In HRL

I hope this is the correct place to post this if it isn't I apologize.
I flew into Harlingin today around 1300 and as we landed our operations agent ran onto the aircraft and said that local TV was reporting a tornado on the ground just south of the airport. We landed on Rwy 13 and I had my radar on the entire time and the worst thing I observed was scattered Level 2-3 cells. Fire and police officials were dispatched and a warning was on the news.
I did not observe and type of tornadic activity or even conditions for a tornado to form.
Do any of you forecast experts who can read the maps and charts see anything that would have been condusive to severe WX in the valley or did anyone hear about this weather today?

Thanks in advance.
Bear

I flew into Harlingin today around 1300 and as we landed our operations agent ran onto the aircraft and said that local TV was reporting a tornado on the ground just south of the airport. We landed on Rwy 13 and I had my radar on the entire time and the worst thing I observed was scattered Level 2-3 cells. Fire and police officials were dispatched and a warning was on the news.
I did not observe and type of tornadic activity or even conditions for a tornado to form.
Do any of you forecast experts who can read the maps and charts see anything that would have been condusive to severe WX in the valley or did anyone hear about this weather today?

I'm puzzled by this alleged tornado report as well. The Brownsville NWS did not issue any tornado or severe thunderstorm warnings anywhere in far southern TX today, and the Brownsville NWS hasn't issued any local storm reports for any type of severe weather.

Back