Thunderstorm Over Northern NJ

tstorm.jpg

This storm rapidly formed north of Jersey City and Union City, around 6 p.m. From this distance, I could hear low peals of thunder. Anyone know if this storm was a severe cell? It looked pretty impressive.

I believe this cell was severe warned over Manhattan. It tracked south right over the GWB and down the Hudson River.

That's a beautiful picture. With the archetecture, it reminds me of Europe.
In any event, I would most certainly be chasing a thunderhead like that one, if I had a view like this.

That's a beautiful picture. With the archetecture, it reminds me of Europe.
In any event, I would most certainly be chasing a thunderhead like that one, if I had a view like this.
[/b]

1) Trust me-the architecture in this area is anything BUT interesting. :lol: That's Saint Nicholas Church there-the only building in the neighborhood with interesting architecture. It's your basic blue-collar middle-class neighborhood.

2) I wouldn't recommend chasing around here. Too urban; too much traffic and too many traffic lights. This storm would be gone before you know it-you'd be stuck in traffic. :p

For me, sometimes the phrase "where there is a will, there is a way" prevails.
Lived in Boston for 6 years, and once intercepted a spectacular hail and lightning storm from it's inception by subway.
The thunder was so loud that it seemed to pass right through me as I stood on the platform.
The hail fell as nickels, fairly impressive for that region.

Back