Thread title formatting issue

John Farley

Supporter
A minor point, but I have noticed that since the change to the new server, thread titles do not seem to format correctly. For example, if you title the thread "9/27/06 FCST: IL / MO / IN / KY" it comes out "9/27/06 Fcst: Il / Mo / In / Ky". (I use this example because this just happened to me.) I first noticed this the other day, but could go back in and fix it with edits - now, for some reason, I can't. Not a big deal, but I don't want people thinking that I (and others who encounter the same glitch) don't know the proper formatting. :confused:

first noticed this the other day, but could go back in and fix it with edits - now, for some reason, I can't. Not a big deal, but I don't want people thinking that I (and others who encounter the same glitch) don't know the proper formatting. :confused:

I've tried to change the titles on some of the threads in Chase Forecasts as well -- some changes have worked, while others haven't. I'm not entirely sure why the changes "stick" with some threads but not others...

I had similar problem. On my title in tropical discussions 96L and 97L came out as 96I and 97I. That too I am unable to correct. Ed

The capitalization problem is a setting called "Prevent Shouting" and it forces any all-caps word with 3 or more characters into mixed case. I have now disabled it since it's not really appropriate on our board considering the state abbreviations and NWS bulletins we use frequently.

Tim

Back