The party is over! :( :(

What a difference a day makes!

CPC Hazards Outlook updated for 11-17-04:

A major storm is predicted to affect a good portion of the country during the Thanksgiving week. The exact track of the storm is uncertain as the storm moves east, consequently there is the possibility of a wide range of weather conditions for the eastern half of the country, from snow in the Plains and the Great Lakes to severe weather along the Gulf Coast.

Wonder if this is the cold front slated to come through my area late Sunday or into Monday.

A major storm is predicted to affect a good portion of the country during the Thanksgiving week. The exact track of the storm is uncertain as the storm moves east, consequently there is the possibility of a wide range of weather conditions for the eastern half of the country, from snow in the Plains and the Great Lakes to severe weather along the Gulf Coast.

Wonder if this is the cold front slated to come through my area late Sunday or into Monday.

I think it's later in the period, towards the Thanksgiving end.

:wink: Keep in mind us NEBRASKAN"S live in (NEBRASKA) the state where the weather is the most unpredictable , lets flash back to last year i think it was SNOWY and cold ice out on the lakes and the next day temps hit mid 70's ....on thursday but unfortuanetly for friday RAIN!!!! but i agree with ya the chance is slim to none for anymore chasing but hey theres always that WHAT IF and MAYBE %

dan

If it makes you feel any better - I had a dream several nights ago that Thanksgiving day feature a rather intense storm with very heavy snow over a large portion of the Midwest and Great Lakes, with the usual severe to the south. I was then left to choose rather to go up north for a few days, or stay and get the brunt of the storm. I chose to go up north figuring the storm would be a miss, and it turned out to be the big one. The dream was very realistic, even moreso than "The Day of Destruction", LOL...

I had this dream before looking at any weather data - No discussions or anything. Hopefully it pans out, and if it looks remotely like what I seen in my dream, I'm stayin here!

If it makes you feel any better - I had a dream several nights ago that Thanksgiving day feature a rather intense storm with very heavy snow over a large portion of the Midwest and Great Lakes, with the usual severe to the south. I was then left to choose rather to go up north for a few days, or stay and get the brunt of the storm. I chose to go up north figuring the storm would be a miss, and it turned out to be the big one. The dream was very realistic, even moreso than "The Day of Destruction", LOL...

I had this dream before looking at any weather data - No discussions or anything. Hopefully it pans out, and if it looks remotely like what I seen in my dream, I'm stayin here!

I had dreams of chasing naders too, but sure it was part 1 of the movie that messed with my subconscience.
Sure hope your dream doesn't come true early in the day because I will be out "homeless hunting" as my husband puts it. Every Turkey day we make 2 dinners, one for us and one for the homeless. With thier meal, we then make individual plates and put them in coolers and go fill up the 3gal insulated water jug with coffee, grab some styrofoam cups and head out to the streets of Houston and serve folks whom are not as fortunate. This will be our 3rd year doing this and something the hubby really enjoys. He and our oldest ride in back and hand out dinners and coffee while I drive and my daughter helps "spot" them. Last year we handed out 35, going for 40 this year.
It is our small way of giving back. :)

In the PM, let them storms rip!!!!! :D

There is a cut off low coming across this weekend. Not sure if it will pose anything far enough south for me. :(
Am taking my vid cam with me tailgating, may get some good video of pandemonium if we get a whopper at anytime after 2pm Sunday.

Outlooks I have seen have my area in a small severe potential until frontal passage sometime Tuesday but the Dallas area looks better. Have had no time to go look at maps and anything else to figure this one out....planning a massive outdoor party for over 200 people is keeping me quite busy! :D

I have no way of telling if something is coming until 7pm. I will be out in the open with no TV or Internet from noon-7pm. Should give someone my cell # in case something good is headed my way. :D

Back