The party is over! :( :(

Here's a little paragraph from Gilbert Sebenste's weather page that pretty much sums up things for the midwest. It's truly over now. Winter will be here.

So, after a wet day today, and another on Thursday, temperatures start to
drop as we head into winter. No more 76 degree highs for a lonnnng time
(that felt good on Friday), and no more storm chasing supercell
thunderstorms producing 1" diameter hail, "hook" echoes and 70 MPH winds
through DeKalb county on Halloween weekend (Darn! Oh...uh...I
mean...great! ;-) ).Look for slightly below average temperatures through
the middle of next week, with above average precipitation, coming mainly
today and Thursday.

The party is over.

:cry: :cry: :( :( :cry:

I dunno. Am still in the severe threat until tomorrow afternoon. :wink:
Have to see if anything comes of this. SPC thinks I may rock and roll later tonight and possibly tomorrow morning. Will see.

Several inches of snow fell on Halloween night into early Monday morning, giving us the season's first snowfall... that pretty well solidifies the end of my chasing season.. and even if I wanted to chase, I-70EB from Denver to the Kansas border was closed, so I couldn't get out east easily anyway! :lol:

Yup, I've packed it in for winter. We already got snow in the prairies. Some in northern BC also.

Either last winter, or the winter before we had tornado watches in Illinois on December 17-19. Actually had some sups...not that anyone chased them beings how its dark mid afternoon in December. They were probably nasty, grungy, whatever you wish...but...it happens.

No severe weather is expected during this period, as this time of year normally brings conditions unfavorable for strong convection.

From the CPC Hazards Outlook as of 11/16/04

:cry: :cry: :cry: :( :( :( :cry:

Woohoo!! Here comes the "November outbreak" I talked about earlier!
:D :lol: Remember Houston 11.17.03! Hey, it IS 11.17!

Squall line to my W looks nasty, may bring me something soon. Tried to get the car in the tranny shop.......no go so no chasie for me. :cry:

If it comes near me and looks good, may go out and spot a little locally and see if I can find anything. Sugarland loves to attract 'naders but is a little far for me to chance the car, and myself in the car.

Originally posted by Andy Wehrle
No severe weather is expected during this period, as this time of year normally brings conditions unfavorable for strong convection.

From the CPC Hazards Outlook as of 11/16/04

:cry: :cry: :cry: :( :( :( :cry:

Anyway it's not a cold period especially in Tenensse, Alabama, Georgia, Luisiana,Kentucky...Temperature can still sustain a good convection. Probably with the first good short wave through and the low pressure system associated you'll have some good thunderstorms....Now we can't know when but not all is lost :lol:
Now GFS maps are not very interesting but always change in less than 3 days.
:wink: :lol:

What a difference a day makes!

CPC Hazards Outlook updated for 11-17-04:

A major storm is predicted to affect a good portion of the country during the Thanksgiving week. The exact track of the storm is uncertain as the storm moves east, consequently there is the possibility of a wide range of weather conditions for the eastern half of the country, from snow in the Plains and the Great Lakes to severe weather along the Gulf Coast.

Back