The longest track of a cyclone?

I was looking at one model forecast this morning, forecasting a low over MS-AL-TN border to track over Atlantic and end up in Mid-Finland by Thursday. This has sparked an question in me. What is the longest track of a cyclone ever recorded? It doesn't matter whether it is a middle latitude cyclone or a tropical cyclone. Sorry for such a dumb question, I am just curious.

I remember one winter day from 2006, when a low formed in Gulf of Mexico, became a Nor easter in the NE USA, and then ended up as 960 mb cyclone over UK where it stalled and dissipated...

Not an expert here by far but Hurricane Iniki that struck Kauai, HI in 1992 originally formed off west coast of Africa as a tropical wave 18-E on August 18th, 1992 - four days after hurricane Andrew was formed. On August 28th 18-E crossed Panama becoming Tropical storm Iniki. On Sept 11th, 1992 Hurricane Iniki reached Kauai with sustained winds of 130mph with gusts up to 200mph. Not sure if this would be the longest track but this hurricane is amazing to study.

Back