The impact of social media on storm chasing

I'm a social media creator. It's not really weather, it's hiking stuff, but I'm pretty big in my area.

One thing I've been able to do is generate responses and charity for events that happen in the area where donations are needed. This can be deaths, damage, etc. I really try to promote those things and encourage donations. And I definitely donate to them, myself. When you have a big following, you can do a lot.

I'd love to see chasers do that with their audience. The hurricane victims right, for example, need money, blood, volunteerism, etc. Storm chasers on social media have loyal audiences, and they can reach a lot of people. I've noticed platform algorithms to give leniency to external links where a donation for some sort of event like that can get more views.

I think social chasers need to do more of that. That impact of storm chasing on social media would be worth it.

My few cents, at least.

This may not be exactly what Warren meant, but the parody below (not mine) hits on a lot correct themes.
I don't do a lot of social media...but if you're entertained by this, mash some laughing, smiley faces for me (sarcasm, but sort of true!) 🤣
And remember, these lessons in extreme, redneck storm-chasing chasing aren't for the faint of heart and may not be appropriate for all ages!
Love it! But don't get between this guy and the tornader!

Back