Sunset Storms over San Angelo, TX 7/8/19

Yesterday evening, I took a short sequence of photos of a couple of developing non severe storms. Really only noteworthy due to the colors from the sunset. The first 4 images are from a storm that was going up just SE of town:20190708_205733.jpg

20190708_205959.jpg

20190708_210626.jpg

20190708_211436.jpg

This last image was a storm that started going up just S of town. I also pulled out my gopro and got what I hope was a cool timelapse of the storm as it grew and began producing lightning as darkness fell:20190708_211423.jpg

None of the storms were severe, but they all ended up being prolific lightning producers and gave us quite the show after sunset and into the night. I will try to find some time soon to go over the timelapse I did and will add it to this thread if it's any good.

None of the storms were severe, but they all ended up being prolific lightning producers and gave us quite the show after sunset and into the night. I will try to find some time soon to go over the timelapse I did and will add it to this thread if it's any good.

Waiting....

As promised, I went back over the stuff from my gopro. I actually did 2 time lapses, one looking east after dark, and then the one I mentioned in an earlier post. Only problem is, I keep getting a "file too large for the server" message when I try to upload them. But here is a frame grab from the after dark time lapse:

GH010095_Lightning.jpg

i like the way the clouds look, but that sun just overpowers the image.

your going to have to put them on youtube and link to it.
or edit them and cut resolution down on em.

Only thing i can think of...

Back