StreetAtlas geographical features

I just got an e-mail from Delorme announcing the StreetAtlas 2007. I have been an avid user of SA9 for a long time now. I tried StreetAtlas 2004 and didn't like it, un-installed it awhile back and used SA9 again. Then this season, one of my chase partners was chastizing me for still using SA9, and gave me his SA2004 disc. I loaded it again to remember why I didn't like using it. Where have all the great geographical features gone that were on SA9? Here is an illustration from a portion of Grand Teton NP at about the same zoom level:

Great detail in SA9 geographical places
Poor detail in SA2004 geographical places.

Also, for all the mountain peaks, SA9 displays its elevation, SA2004 just names the peak w/o elevation. Also, when it comes to mountain passes... 2004 SUCKS. No Teton Pass, Beartooth Pass, Dunraven Pass, I could go on and on. SA9 has all of these passes in Northwest Wyoming.

Here is my question: Since this was a huge downgrade for me in the SA2004 edition, have the 2005 and 2006 improved geographical places to the quality of SA9?? If not, then my days of being a Delorme customer are numbered. Can anyone offer a screencapture for me of the same portion of Grand Teton NP for comparison in 2005 and 2006 editions?

Thanks.

Can anyone offer a screencapture for me of the same portion of Grand Teton NP for comparison in 2005 and 2006 editions?

Mike, your links above did not work for me but here’s a shot of SA 2006.

sa2006.jpg

My image looks the same as Eric's above and I have all of the minor interests, etc. on for viewing, but there just isn't anything there. Looking at SA9, it almost looks as if it is better for detail by far...

Thanks Jayson and Eric. I posted this on the Delorme forums as well, and got about the same response. It's unacceptable for me. I will either start using Delorme Topo software now or just keep using SA9.. .Ugh. Now that I got a faster laptop, I should be able to run Topo without much problem

Back