Stormlab or GR Level 3

I just downloaded the trial version, looks awesome.

I had a couple questions. How does the program cache the data files? Are all those radar images being stored on my hd somewhere? Also, why can't I get storm attributes? Is that only available in the purchased program?

I just downloaded the trial of GRLevel 3 tonight as well. I too thought there was something wrong with the storm attributes until Skip and Alex both told me that the NWS server is having trouble and is only providing reflectivity and warning polygons. Velocity images and storm attributes are temporarily unavailable.

Originally posted by Andy Wehrle
I just downloaded the trial of GRLevel 3 tonight as well. I too thought there was something wrong with the storm attributes until Skip and Alex both told me that the NWS server is having trouble and is only providing reflectivity and warning polygons. Velocity images and storm attributes are temporarily unavailable.

Andy is correct. It seems that the NWS serves are having issues with non-BREF products. In other words, the velocity products (radial and storm-relative), echo tops, storm attributes, forecast paths, and VILs are not available at this time. It has nothing to do with GRLevel3, as the problem lies with the NWS servers.

A side note to all of this...Make sure if you use more than one application with GPS, buy GpsGate. (http://www.franson.com/gpsgate/) It allows you to share your one GPS with multiple applications. (yes, it works great with the little yellow USB Earthmate too) This way you could use GR, SL, and Street Atlas at the same time with no problems.

Stan, K9SWX

I just ran across a new DeLorme application that does the same thing as GPSgate and other GPS port emulation programs. It can be downloaded, for free, at http://www.delorme.com/support/gps/lt20001.asp . I'm not sure if a DeLorme GPS receiver is necessary for this software to work, but it's worth a shot (it's FREE afterall).

I have purchased GR Level and it is awesome. It has many customizable options which is very nice.

Yeah I decided on GR Level 3 awhile back and am thoroughly satisfied with this program. Updates continue to flood in from the creator which is really nice. Overall a worth while purchase.

Back