Storm structure quiz

The meso circulation appears to be circulating toward the camera at A and away at B. Inflow band appears to be directed toward D, with flanking line off left. Given the storm motion relative to the camera, I'd expect the tornado to appear shortly at B. To my eyes, the E, F, and G action seems to represent a left split.

I'm going with 'C' for this... hard to say in this shot, but the location of the photographer makes me think he's a bit far from the business area of this storm. Hard to say, though... very interesting quiz!

I cant tell for sure from the pic but A or B is my impression.. Most likely A

I'll go with A as well -- since it does seem to be too cool/wet (storm-scale negatively buoyant air) to the right of the A (and definitely B) region to produce a tornado.

Great Picture Brian. It has taken some thinking on my part again to figure out the proper part of the picture where the tornado eventually came down. I know, I was with you, so I won't disclose the answer. I am really enjoying this thread as I read the logic each person has behind their choice. Keep it up Brian. I'd love to see more posts like this one. Hope you've thought about posting a picture of the tornado with the correct answer Sunday.

"A" was the first thing in the image that got my attention before I even read the question, so I should go with "A" but I won't. I will use a little different logic and chose "D" because I think Brian most likely centered the image on the area with the strongest rotation. At least that is what I would have done.

I'll take a guess with D. There appears to be evidence of inflow to the right in this picture. Thanks for the fun quiz.

Looking at A on this one, that was my first impression. I thought about D and don't like its location.

Im very confident with A so that is my anwser

A

Back