• A friendly and periodic reminder of the rules we use for fostering high SNR and quality conversation and interaction at Stormtrack: Forum rules

P.S. - Nothing specific happened to prompt this message! No one is in trouble, there are no flame wars in effect, nor any inappropriate conversation ongoing. This is being posted sitewide as a casual refresher.

Spotter Network: Embedded videos in training test inop

And an update for the final section of the training pages.

Part 5: Spotter Reporting
-1: Quality Reporting
---- (No videos on this section)
-2: Quality Defined
---- (No videos on this section)
-end: Spotter Network Test
---- (note: test pages *not* checked)

Ok, so, I've gone through the whole training and converted what I could, as well as tested all the converted files. As far as I can tell it should all be workable.
That leads to (if SN wants to try to use these) how exactly to get them there...and update what needs updating so they'll work.
These questions might be best answered in a PM with an admin, but I'll put out the basics:

Do you have FTP access where I could be given a TEMPORARY account/location to upload the files to.
How much space is available on the server? (the MP4's are somewhat larger than flash was, and you'd have to include the ones currently spread out over other servers too)

The site is running PHP, but are the actual pages themselves PHP scripts, or does it pull in HTML files for the page itself, then combine with PHP to keep track of what a user has completed?.
If its HTML, I could add whats needed to make the new videos work & remove the extra flash related code. (maybe remove the various un-needed things mentioned in previous posts & fix atleast a couple of the broken links?)
This in particular would obviously need talking with SN admins privately to setup exactly how to do it (and in such a way as to not affect the site while it was in progress (basically some sort of "test site"))....
If on the chance I was the one doing the updates, I'd obviously also start a new thread here - directly related, for bug-reports/suggestions/comments/etc.

Back