Embedded videos in the quiz and training materials no longer can be played

Bob W

EF0
The embedded videos in the quiz and training materials on the SN website can no longer be played. Adobe stopped supporting flash player and has actually inhibited it from working as of 12 January 2021. None of the flash based videos will play which will make it difficult for people to pass the required training.

The free VLC player will probably work as a work around until the SN staff can convert the videos.

Official download of VLC media player, the best Open Source player - VideoLAN
Flash Video - VideoLAN Wiki

BTW - VLC is a fantastic media player - It plays/converts almost every file type in existence.
That's not a bad idea if there was a single or a few critical videos to play. VLC will play .swf files. The problem in this case is you'd have to open up the source for each and manually save them individually and then play them.

I will 2nd VLC as a good media player :) buy, yeah, you'd need to download the videos to watch them..

I'm glad I blocked all that spy crap from Adobe (and elsewhere) they don't need to be tracking what I watch or attempting to disable plugins in my browser. .lol. I'd still be able able to watch the flash videos on SN if I so wished. :)

----
Note to SN staff: do you just need someone to convert the flash videos to MP4 so it'll play as HTML-5 content on modern browsers? I'm pretty sure I have something that'll do it, and I would be willing to take the time to try..

The embedded videos in the quiz and training materials on the SN website can no longer be played. Adobe stopped supporting flash player and has actually inhibited it from working as of 12 January 2021. None of the flash based videos will play which will make it difficult for people to pass the required training.

I just completed the course and test this evening and was going to post a similar comment when I found this thread. I passed the test but missed the video questions not knowing what to use to see the flash content. Not really complaining, but I do wish I could have seen all the videos in the lessons. I'd probably gotten 100% if I could have seen the test videos.

Will VLC player work on a Mac? >Edit< Never mind, I clicked the link and yes it is cross platform.

Back