Spotter location

Garry Blosser

Enthusiast
I have all the Radar Scope settings correct on my iPhone but the locations of spotters,myself included, does not stay active, i.e. green. I have great wifi connection and have been trying to figure this out for a month or more!
Any help to solve this problem is appreciated!
Thanks!
Sarge, NM5GB

Gary - I have attached two screenshots that show you how to enable your location settings should they become inactive after a period of time. This comes up so often I’m going to stick this post at the top so it’s easily accessible.

1) Tap the “Location Button” icon to invoke iOS location services to determine your device’s current location and display it on the map. Tap once to activate basic location services. Tap a second time to invoke a direction indicator that uses your device’s compass heading to show which direction the device is currently facing. Tap again to disable the location feature.

E98CD8E7-C5B5-426B-8AB2-639A03ADC538.jpeg

After step #1 and #2 are complete, tap in the center of the bullseye labeled #2 above. After minute or two your red location dot will appear with your name in the middle of that bullseye. It will appear just like the next picture labeled #3 with your name and SN contact information.

34B5F139-8613-471A-B47A-A90BE801D317.jpeg

If you’re actively on the move it will report your location wherever you go. At the end of the chase it’s a good idea to turn it off to save your battery resources. Having it on all the time so you can see your name on the map will require you to repeat this process because it seems to drop off ever 24 hours or so. In all actuality it takes about 30 seconds to turn on each morning.

You’d press the power and home buttons at the same time on your iPhone. Then reply to this message on your iPhone and upload the picture from your photos app that’s native to iOS. Using this method you wouldn’t need your computer.

Mark, THANK YOU finally got it to work yesterday and replied to John's your e-mail. John did you get it?
THANKS,
Garry aka Sarge, NM5GB

Back