SN / RS SN Report Won't Send

Is anyone else having trouble submitting SN reports through RS? I'm getting a code 500 (internal server error) when trying to submit a report for flooding.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190711-134431.png
    Screenshot_20190711-134431.png
    125.9 KB · Views: 0
It has something to do with the quotation mark in your narrative. I'm determining whether this is something I can mitigate on our end or if we'll need RadarScope to make changes to their application.

For now I'd recommend avoiding using those and we'll try and get this fixed.

@Peter Potvin I've determined that my previous reply is actually incorrect. Apparently we can't match your location to a "place" because we only have a places database for the United States.

I'm going to need some time to resolve this because I need a more comprehensive database. These changes will require some code to be rewritten.

Is this going to require even more place databases with DTN expanding it’s RS radar sites to the likes of Australia, Guam, PR, Japan, South Korea, and Tasmania? I’d be curious to see their roadmap for future radar site additions. It seems to be headed towards a global app if they keep heading in the current direction.

Arrangements for Spotter Network reports to be relayed only exist for the National Weather Service and Environment Canada. Unless these other locations decide they have an interest in these reports, we'll continue to focus solely on the US and Canada.

Back