SN/Radarscope beacon reporting issue...

John Boney

Enthusiast
Had RS Pro (T1) on both Android and Apple with no issues but both iPhone and S7 are down for now. Recently installed on a new (to me) Tablet ( Samsung Tab3, Android 4,4.2 - KitKat ), and (current version) RS installed fine.
Entered the SN log-in info and it logs in fine, showing that the acct CAN report position and shiows the last reported time just fine (blue position icon as well). All switches are on to report position, show Spotters and Reports, BUT NO beacon positions or reports show at all. In the tab for the List of Spotters, it shows an Error about being unable to Parse the data from SN.
When I log-in to SN in a browser, I can get in just fine, edit account data, etc... but I do not see but a few spotter lications on Current Activity map and my location is missing as well, even after some time actively pinging location in RS. Tried logging off and back on... same issue.

Any ideas?

Hi John, our website map filters spotters to those who have made reports as otherwise the map would become too cluttered and we had some issues with the Google API early on with showing more locations.

As far as in RS, I can't think of what the issue might be. I was probably using RS about the same time you were last night and positions were coming in fine. Are you behind some kind of a firewall? Do you own GRLevel3, or some other alternative that you might be able to see if you are seeing data?

I have been on a couple of different network so unless it's a networking issue on the device, ...

What (networki) Port would RS》SN use for data and return the data back to RS? There are no special apps to get in the way (afaik) such as anti-virus/ad-block.

KitKat OS is known for a few network (and others) stack issues but nit sure if it applies here...

Also, I CAN see that RS is posting my position to SN... I show on map using tge .kml in Google Earth. My guess, RS has a bug in its integration with this OS or similar.

</digs=deeper> ;)

If it’s a network bug with Android it won’t be patched. KitKat reached its EOL in April 2017.

The Samsung Tab 3 was released in July 2013, so it’s fairly old at this point too. Why is your newer hardware down for the count right now (if I may ask)?

That’s a bummer. If you like Samsung’s, I’m going to have a MINT condition S6 Edge I would sell you on the cheap. I scored an S8+ on EBay this week and it’s in transit as we speak. I take really good care of my things, so it’s in like new condition. Otherwise I hope you get things running before too long!

It’s on the Verizon Network currently. It also has 128 Gb of storage which was hard to find as they were mostly 32 Gb models back then. I’d go $100 to help you out. They seem to be selling for more than that on FleaBay but you’re in need, so I’ll make you a deal.

my beacon wont show up on radar everything is ok on chaser location

Hi Scott,
The usual questions:
1. What app are you sending location with
2. What app are you using to view radar
3. Can you view radar in another app and you are there?
4. Are you sure you are sending location information? If so, how do you know that? Screen shots/information is great!

Back