Small SDS Relief

hey mellisa you should make a run to the states - we are about to kick off the season soon (in fact we got a good one here in Fontana, California today - 6 roofs removed by a twister!)
HEY we were spc tornado warned and no one posted a target? whats up with that?
ahhhhh heck

I left a curse on the US 2005 season so it would be the bad season that we are due while I am gone...just kidding! I will be jealous watching events over there on my laptop this coming spring.

If anyone is really bored and wants something convective to look at, we got pea-sized hail today in Melbourne.
You got hail? Now I'm jealous. :roll:

But I did get to see my first anvil crawlers on Friday night. Just beautiful.

Heck, I had some rather pathetic thunderstorms last night around and just after midnight and I must say even the few flashes of lightning and claps of thunder from that excited me!

Maybe there can be enough storms here and there to allow us to get through this boring period, before the main season starts. I think March may be the month where SDS is highest, because it's the first month most of us expects some severe activity and when there is none, it makes us that much more impatient. I many regards, January is an easier month, since few people are really expecting any activity then. But at least, storms or not, maybe we will get some nice days this month with warmer temps and a bit more sunshine.

-George

I am in great need of seeing a thunderstorm. After watching the ones out in the Southwest desert on my computer, i think i need to get out and see some. Today might be a good day in the deserts though.

The most SDS relief I've gotten was when I noticed that the shape of the towel on my floor resembled the radar image for a classic supercell. It had a hook echo and the "flying eagle" shape and everything! All that, and I've never even been chasing.

George, I was hopin to see you in chat last night so we could discuss our "storms." Here in the SDF area, we got a nice show between about 1 and 2am. The lighning was beautiful, but I never had the digicam going when the lightning was. I only got one capture, and it's not even of the lightning itself...but after months of deprivation, it is certainly welcome.

http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~bcotton/wx/misc...rythrilling.jpg

Ben

Edited 3/5/05 1:15pm est because \'Preview\' is for sissies.

HEADS UP texas panhandle - look what we are sendin your way - could be a season opener - southern arizona has just been warned with LARGE hail possible - may provide some relief and maybe a good time to dust off the equipment, maaaybe

Back