SeverePlot...

Michael Auker

I've been trying to install SeverePlot v2.0 and keep running into problems. I'm not very computer savvy, so if someone can explain in clear, concise terms how to do it, I'd be very grateful.

email the SPC. I just completed an internship there where I exclusively worked with SeverPlot. The guy who developed that program is a lead forecaster there, just dont know his name.

Michael,

I had problems as well when I first downloaded it. It seemed to load ok, but when I tried to open, always got an error message...it's been so long now I don't remember what the message was, but I eventually figured it out.
I went to the Severeplot icon, right clicked and hit properties. Click the shortcut tab and see what it says in the Start in: line.
It should say "C:program Filessvp2_old"
Mine had something else in that line, but when I plugged this in it started working just fine ( I use XP...don't know how much that matters...I am kind of un-savvy myself with computers ) Hope it works.

Rob

Originally posted by Rob Satkus
Michael,

I had problems as well when I first downloaded it. It seemed to load ok, but when I tried to open, always got an error message...it's been so long now I don't remember what the message was, but I eventually figured it out.
I went to the Severeplot icon, right clicked and hit properties. Click the shortcut tab and see what it says in the Start in: line.
It should say "C:program Filessvp2_old"
Mine had something else in that line, but when I plugged this in it started working just fine ( I use XP...don't know how much that matters...I am kind of un-savvy myself with computers ) Hope it works.

Rob

That line was the hang-up for me. If I recall, I don't have a drive called "C" so I reinstalled changing that to "E" and I believe she was running after that.

Back