Regarding this year's Stormtrack picnic at Rocky's

Hey! Hope everyone is getting geared up for what I think may be a robust period of severe weather over the next couple of weeks here on the plains.
As you may know, I have been honoured to host the annual stormchasers picnic over the past several years here at my farm near Piedmont, OK. It's always been a highlight of my year to give back to the chaser community in hosting these get together's.

This year may prove difficult for me to commit to put one on due to numerous family commitments which include my daughter's high school graduation and the associated festivities along with transporting inlaws back and forth from Minnesota. I also am dealing with my brother in law who is in late stage cancer.. he'll be blessed to still be with us by the end of May.

That said, I will TENTATIVELY try to host some sort of get together on either Saturday May 30th or the following Saturday June 6th. Those dates will largely be contingent on how my bro' in law is doing.

If someone else would like to host this year's get together on earlier dates, I completely understand and probably would be more feasible anyway.
If I end up not being able to host a picnic this season, I'll be looking forward in putting on an extra special party later in the year.

One consolation, I'm putting to rest (at least for now) of moving in the foreseeable future, so as long as I'm in this part of the country, I hope to continue the tradition of my annual picnics here at Rocky&family's farm.
I'll keep you abreast of any changes that may occur.

With much gratitude
Rocky&family

Rocky:
We'll all send well wishes to your brother-in-law and for you too. It's a mix of good things and not so good things.

I'm sure the chase community is more than understanding and will support you any way we can.

A Get together.... TODAY???

I know this is absolutely crazy for short notices... my wife went all out for my daughter's graduation party with a ton of food and drink, so far... only one person from her class has showed.. she's not very happy. We'll have food and drink out for the rest of the afternoon today (May 16th), if you don't have anything going on and are hungry.. give us a call.. home ph: 405-373-5097. I'll give you directions.

Regarding other possible dates for the party. This will greatly hinge on my brother in law's health. He may not make it much longer but obviously, I'm hoping for the best. Potential dates would be next Sunday May 24th, 2pm until mid evening, or the following Saturday May 30th, 1pm. Let me know which of those dates will work best. As of now, I doubt there will be much storms to go after next weekend, that Sunday may work great.

Meanwhile, regarding today, come on by if you like, we are here and there is TOO MUCH food.

Thanks! Rocky&family

Rocky,

I live in Edmond, Ok....And if it is okay, I would like very much to come to the picnic since it is so very close by! I am still fairly new to the ST track community, so this would be a great way for me to meet some of the others who I have probably seen at one point or another out on my adventures! As far as dates go, I am free most every weekend so whichever suits you best.

My condolences on your brother-in-laws health. My wife and I will pray for him and his recovery.

Please let me know of the time and location, and if there is anything that my wife and I
can bring to the picnic, I sure look forward to it.....Thank you!

If there are storms somewhere close by the day before/ or expected down the way the day after I will probably try to make it... otherwise that is just a bit far for me. :(

My daughter read this and was so sad. she is 16 and her high school(deer creek) was playing in the soccer state championship yesterday. we didn't even turn on the computer yesterday....we were wiped after this 6 hour venture. she saw this before she left for sunday school. her words "here i was being all pumped about my state soccer gold medal. now it doesn't seem so important. i'd would've rather been over there with that girl, graduation is more important".
regarding your brother-in-law: we will have all of you in our prayers.

yall sound like really good people and i hope that your daughter is in better spirits today. take care and may God bless you and your family.

Rocky, I am really sorry to hear about your daughter. I can't imaging how she must feel.

Either the 24th or the 30th would be good. I am currently at home in Virginia in a holding pattern due to the death ridge but I'll prbably come out by the end of this week, in time for the 24th.

My thoughts are with you and your family during this stressful time with your brother in law.

Bill Hark

Another update on the picnic

Well, as the world turns, so have the plans for the picnic. On Saturday, I received a call from Charles Edwards of Cloud 9 Tours that one of his drivers had to leave due to a family medical emergency. He asked me to fill in for the driving; a paid position which I can really use the extra money. I graciously and humbly accepted, I've always wanted to take a crack at doing this for him. Of course, the pattern is totally immersed in the toilet and is not looking any better for the immediate future.

This has some major implications on the potential Sunday, May 24th date. As of now, it's very unlikely I'll be able to have the picnic as planned UNLESS there is no storms going on anywhere, a scenario which actually is not impossible to happen. I should know for sure by about Thursday or Friday and will be dependent on what Charles decides. I am scheduled to drive for Cloud 9 for the rest of the season which runs until June 13th. In addition, my bro' in law's condition has deteriorated so I expect I'll have to temporarily take time off when the inevitable happens.

With this all said... I still do plan on having the picnic but will instead happen sometime during the summer for whoever can show up. My wife and I always look forward in hosting these events and we hope to continue the tradition for however long we live here. Hopefully, next year, we can get back into the groove.

Please keep on monitoring this thread as if I am able to finally make this work, it will be on short notice, either for May 24th, May 30th or the following couple of Saturday's in June IF this pattern persists and/or Charles no longer needs me to drive for him. We shall see.

BTW: I really appreciate all the supportive emails concerning my bro' in law in the Tulsa area, it means alot. Also, not long after my previous post regarding my daughter's graduation party, several people did show up, so it was not entirely a bust, it actually went quite well despite the 15 folks who did show up. Meanwhile... pull out some old chase dvds/tapes ... and hope and dream for the best.

Big Blessings as always.
Rocky&family

Rocky, I just caught your recent post and am glad to hear that more people were able to make it to your daughter's party! My prayers are with you and Dee during this hectic time and for your brother-in-law and his family as well. My brother will be in from Anchorage this weekend through June 6th. If by chance the chaser picnic falls on May 30th, we should be able to make it up to Piedmont!

Thanks for all you do.
Matt

Congrats on the driving job. Also, glad to hear things turned out ok for your daughter. Thanks for the update.

Rocky, congrats on the job with Cloud 9!!! That is something I'd love to do!
Keep us posted with the party...I'd need about 4 hours notice to come up with an appropriate disease ;). Keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers.
Here's hoping the ridge breaks soon!!

Back