Reed Timmers new Dominator 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love him or hate him, Reed has probably seen more tornadoes than anyone alive. I think he's into the science of storm/tornadoes but he also has to keep the hype up to keep the $ rolling in so that he can chase almost every day of the year. He was doing some cool stuff with ChasinSpin there for a while. No idea if they collected any useful data, but they created some cool hardware to collect all sorts of data.

Reed actually got a close-range intercept last night! Heavily rain-wrapped tornado by Linneus, MO. It was one of the most epic chase videos I've seen in a while. :D

For the uninitiated, Dominator 3 is a 2013 Ford F-350 Super Duty that was first introduced in the 2013 storm chasing season. It saw its first four intercepts on the EF4 Shawnee, OK tornado on May 19th. It has up to now spent most of its time chasing in Canada for the group known as Prairie Storm Chasers. Really excited to see this beast back.

Reed actually got a close-range intercept last night! Heavily rain-wrapped tornado by Linneus, MO. It was one of the most epic chase videos I've seen in a while. :D

For the uninitiated, Dominator 3 is a 2013 Ford F-350 Super Duty that was first introduced in the 2013 storm chasing season. It saw its first four intercepts on the EF4 Shawnee, OK tornado on May 19th. It has up to now spent most of its time chasing in Canada for the group known as Prairie Storm Chasers. Really excited to see this beast back.

How exciting! I'll be looking for the ground breaking research soon! I'm sure all the money raised on YouTube will be a major contribution to the advancement of severe weather meteorology.

How exciting! I'll be looking for the ground breaking research soon! I'm sure all the money raised on YouTube will be a major contribution to the advancement of severe weather meteorology.
And Reed pulls off the stupid stunt of deploying in the road and having to sit there for 10-15 minutes before he can move. He said the air bags had to air up before he could un-deploy. He also deployed the spikes onto the roadway. He's just begging to get into an accident. I saw several cars having to go around him in blinding rain.

Someone needs to remind him, maybe a NASCAR or F1 engineer, that ground effects only work if the car remains fixed to a flat surface. Another vehicle, telephone pole or flying cow would disrupt the flow and it's game over. I also noticed the passenger side does not appear to have an airbag? Or passenger shoulder harnesses? As I've said here and in other forums, he is the luckiest individual I have ever known in my entire life, considering what some consider as stunts and risk taking. Unfortunately, luck eventually runs out. If he's blocking innocent driver's escape routes or blocking EMS, I'll use a PIT maneuver to put him in the wall. 😘 😂

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back