Reed Timmers new Dominator 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Role Model" is probably not the most accurate term, it's kind of nuanced and variable. Raise my kid role model? probably not, because most of his followers do not really know him on a personal level, his personal ethics or morals. I think he fits into the category of influencing the love of severe weather and chasing-type role model. He certainly influences a lot of people (there may be questions to the degree of positive or negative influence based on his methods), but I think a lot of that will be left up to the individuals themselves. Do they carbon copy themselves? or just modify their interests and decide, I'm gonna be a meteorologist! that's a positive thing, and if someone decides to pursue being a scientist by watching him, I think it would be safe to say, positive influence, but you're not modeling.

There are a few things he does that I think are stupid like stopping in the middle of the road, and unless he has added emergency type lighting to his vehicle, blowing thru stop lights at speed, but other than that he is the most successful chaser as well as with his videos and sales.

@Brian R. - Nothing wrong with getting extreme video like Reed if you're willing to take the risks (and not endanger others around you), but I think expecting to become as popular and well know by emulating him is foolish. His brand was built, in part, by luck, skill, persistence, and cultivating a social media presence over a long time, and I think he has the market cornered in most aspects. Even if you could get all the most extreme and exciting video, you're competing for views with someone who has a well established fan base. There are a bunch of awesome chasers who make excellent videos, some extreme/some informative, that have their own smaller following, and they still don't have the strength of brand. I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment if you're chasing to attain a level of notoriety similar to Reed. Go out there and enjoy the chase, enjoy the storms... if you reach some level of fame/wealth along the way, take that as a bonus. If you're chasing to make a living out of it, I wish you the best of luck, because you're gonna need it, lol.

As far as the Dominators, I would personally rather have something purpose built from the frame up like the TIV2 if I was trying to make zero meter intercepts. I know it's all a calculated risk, but it's still a roll of the dice regardless of the vehicle.... that's gotta be one hell of an adrenaline rush though. One large piece of debris and it's a wrap.

This is supposed to be a thread about Reed Timmer’s Dominator. He’s spent more money on his vehicles than most us us either would be willing to spend or couldn’t afford. Those vehicles are also part of his brand.
As for Reed, a lot of us have talked to him and think he’s a very nice guy. You can think he’s a nice guy and still not approve of the live streaming of blowing through stop signs and stuff.

Good point on the vehicle Todd, gonna have to start looking at purchasing an MRAP at govt sales auction, Chopping and shaving it to drop a couple tons and then give it a name.

I think this thread has run its course as it now appears to be delving into squabbling over some petty details. The thread will be locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back