Radio interview with New Orleans mayor Ray Nagin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawaii

HEART BREAKING.......

I am speechless, this man is just mad and frustrated, his people are dying and no one will help. He is asking for help, no one is doing anything. Very sickening situation. He says that the gov. agencies are giving us a load of bull and it's only "talk" and they are letting people die. I feel for this guy........ God bless him.

I just heard it on CNN and wow. That was an extremely powerful interview. It ended with the Mayor and radio interviewers in tears. I could not believe what he said but I'm glad he did. Does anyone have the interview? I think all should hear it.

I know some people that might be hosting it, although I guarantee it will be replayed on CNN, FOX, MSNBC, etc. etc. every hour.

He is 100% right. At the start of this tragedy the man had a police force of 1500 officers. 1500 officers who had to deal with the needs of EVERYONE in the city including the looters, the rescue missions... EVERYTHING.

Probably 90% or more of those officers have lost everything they own and are working on a few hours of sleep in 90+ degree heat and 100% humidity. It's being reported that 20% or more of the force is going AWOL.

Nagin is not handling this situation as well as Guiliani handled the 9-11 attacks...what the heck is Nagin doing other than giving interviews?

Originally posted by Anonymous
Nagin is not handling this situation as well as Guiliani handled the 9-11 attacks...what the heck is Nagin doing other than giving interviews?

Newsflash: the events of 9/11 in New York were isolated to a relatively small area of New York.

80% of the city of New Orleans is UNDERWATER. HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE ARE STARVING.

Did that happen on 9/11?

Before you criticize the mayor, at least put some thought into making comparisons. I'm sorry, but this is ten times worse than the September 11th attacks in terms of scope and devestation.

THERE ARE ARMED BANDS OF LOOTERS ROAMING THE STREETS. Did that happen on September 11th?

There is no communication....he is asking for help and is just getting answers like "they are on their way" or "we are doing what we can". His police force is giving up and leaving........I just can't imagine. WHERE IS THE HELP!?!? Our President has ALOT of explaining to do.

No words right now to express the disappointment with our Gov. Officials right now, no question that someone dropped the ball.

Also, read these personal accounts:

http://www.nola.com/weblogs/nola/index.ssf..._09.html#076092

Just read them. MY GOD. The city IS in total anarchy. It's like the 10th level of hell:

We received a call from a friend of ours in the NOPD. She and 9 other cops from various units are holed up in the Hampton Inn near the Convention Center, running low on ammo and unable to establish communications with other units. They've been trying to get word out about their situation and location, they're worried about making it through the night. Communication is intermittent, keep getting message that her voicemail is out due to ''scheduled upgrade''. We managed to pass word to CNN, we're calling or posting wherever we can think of. Feel free to call for more info. They report the situation in and around the convention center is desperately dangerous.

PLEASE HELP! 1200+ patients and medical staff are stranded at University Hospital on Perdido Street (Differnt from Tulane or Charity). Women are giving birth in the halls and patients are dying. Newborns and many others will not survive for much longer. Boats have been seen going to Charity, but completely ignore those at University Hospital. Please, someone help! Patients are able to get through window on 2nd floor. Babies are on the third floor. The food and water dropped on the roof of the hospital has not withstood the drop and has broken upon hitting the roof and therefore cannot be eaten/drunk. The situation is deteriorating QUICKLY!

Story: 100 residents are still left in The Point and they are now under seige from the mob that was released from the convention center. They have had to kill 4 people in an attempt to protect their property and life.

The neighborhood has created this blog with updates. Please get state police in!

Obviously, these are uncomfirmed, and sure... people could be making it up... but for what purpose? If these accounts are real?!?! MY GOD.

Originally posted by Hawaii+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hawaii)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Anonymous

There is no communication....he is asking for help and is just getting answers like "they are on their way" or "we are doing what we can". His police force is giving up and leaving........I just can't imagine. WHERE IS THE HELP!?!? Our President has ALOT of explaining to do.

No words right now to express the disappointment with our Gov. Officials right now, no question that someone dropped the ball.[/b]

Guiliani took the leadership role...why doesn't Nagin step up?

Originally posted by Anonymous+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Anonymous)</div>
Originally posted by Hawaii@
<!--QuoteBegin-Anonymous

No words right now to express the disappointment with our Gov. Officials right now, no question that someone dropped the ball.

Guiliani took the leadership role...why doesn't Nagin step up?[/b]

This is obviously a more complex situation than 9-11 . If someone on the other end is giving you a load of bull (the govenor/FEMA/National Guard/The President) after you have been asking for help for the past 4 days and you can't get to all the stranded/injured victims without protection......this was his last resort - to go to the media to get the word out.

The head of FEMA is being interviewed right now and this guy is being railed by Solidad on CNN.......HE DESERVES IT!

"they are on their way" -------- WHAT THE HECK! This is all that I am hearing, it's been 5 days now. 5 days without water, food, and medical attention. Thousands will die today, help didn't reach them.

This is obviously a more complex situation than 9-11 . If someone on the other end is giving you a load of bull (the govenor/FEMA/National Guard/The President) after you have been asking for help for the past 4 days and you can't get to all the stranded/injured victims without protection......this was his last resort - to go to the media to get the word out.

I have no doubt that the FEMA and the rest are clowning around...I am just pointing out that Nagin has ZERO leadership ability...FEMA and Bush also have ZERO leadership ability...Nagin is clowning around just like the people he is criticizing.

Nagin is clowning around just like the people he is criticizing.

And you know this, how? The truth is Nagin has given very few interviews since this thing started going south.

And guess what? He's probably the only political leader that is STILL in city of New Orleans while the rest muck around in Baton Rouge.

What exactly do you want Nagin to do with a force that has probably dwindled now to under 1000 men?

He can't command National Guard forces, they won't listen to him.

And you know this, how?

I live just a few blocks from FEMA's HQ in Southwest DC. I have many friends who work for FEMA. I trust my sources instead of the talking heads on TV...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back