preparing a documentary for May 2019

Gabriel D.

Enthusiast
Hello everyone, this message is not a new post, I just change topic. You can find my previous posts in the section: Introductory weather and chasing under the name New (french) member.

"
Hello everyone,

I just update my topic. I was waiting to be read by at least a hundred people and my patience was rewarded because you are more numerous than expected to have read my message. Thank you.

The previous message was a little abstract, I wanted to introduce myself first. As I said, in addition to coming in May, I will wish to make a documentary of this adventure. I would also like to interest French production companies specialized in documentary and to do this, I must present a good record, clear and explicit, in which I present my intentions, what I intend to do once there, which I intend to meet and the questions I would like to ask.

These questions will be the theme of my documentary and should correspond to what interests me: The relationship we have with nature. And in my case, with the tornadoes.
Currently, I am completing different surveys for amateur and professional tornado hunters; to the inhabitants of the states of the tornado alley; climate professionals; teachers and rescue services who ensure the safety of others each season.

This is a simple questionnaire, a dozen questions. It is not necessary to write a book for each answer (but you can), some sincere and precise sentences will suffice me :)
So, if you are interested, please leave me your first and last name (so that I can find you on the site), as well as your status (amateur, professional, fireman ...) so that I transmit you the proper survey. You can also contact me directly via the messaging site.

In advance thank you for your future participations. Have a good day.

Gabriel."

Hello, thank you to everyone who contacted me this weekend to answer my survey!
Be even more numerous to ask me, it is really useful for my project and very interesting !!

I just got done with the survey. It only takes a few minutes of your time, so if you could spare that, you could consider it a Christmas gift......

Hello everyone,

I continue to prospect for the preparation of my documentary and to get things done more quickly, I put at your disposal the survey.

Your answers will help me to develop a sociological aspect in the documentary and will help me to something authentic.

Thanks to those who have already contacted me!

Attachments

• survey.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 0
Hello everyone, happy new year, that 2019 be as rich and happy as the previous ones, and that tornadoes are at the rendezvous !!

I wanted to thank those who answered my questionnaire, I have almost everything I wanted but I would still need a little, I encourage those who have not done so to take a few minutes to answer.

About my coming, things are clearer: I always plan to come but alone, no one in France has the time or the same motivation as me for tornadoes ... Being alone, I will be less effective so I will chase in colorado and neighboring states, at the risk of letting out tornadoes ... However, I will have my own vehicle and the minimum equipment to follow the weather forecast.

Regarding my documentary, I'm still looking for people who would agree that I follow them or who would agree to spend a few days with me. I repeat, I am autonomous, I refuse to be a burden for anyone. First and foremost, I want to be safe and meet people who will help me to carry out my project!

I intend to spend about twenty days in the United States (it's short time but it's the wedding season in France and I have to attend some ...)
Three quarters of my trip will be used for hunting, the rest will be used to go to cities that have been devastated by tornadoes for interviews. I am thinking in particular of Greensburg.

If you ever have ideas, advice, a good word do not hesitate to contact me.

Have a good day!

Gabriel.

Hello Gabriel,

My name is David Williams, and I just wanted to let you know that I focus primarily on teaching new chasers forecasting and chasing in addition to partnering with people from overseas. I have many people from over seas that come to chase with me every year from all over Europe.

Also, I believe that there are some french storm chasers that made a documentary a couple years ago called Storm Rendezvous, or something like that. I will try to look it up and post it.

Good luck with project, and check out my website if you want any more info about chasing with me. Tornadoalleychasing.com

Cheers,
David

Sent from my SM-G955U using Stormtrack mobile app

Hello everyone, happy new year, that 2019 be as rich and happy as the previous ones, and that tornadoes are at the rendezvous !!

I wanted to thank those who answered my questionnaire, I have almost everything I wanted but I would still need a little, I encourage those who have not done so to take a few minutes to answer.

About my coming, things are clearer: I always plan to come but alone, no one in France has the time or the same motivation as me for tornadoes ... Being alone, I will be less effective so I will chase in colorado and neighboring states, at the risk of letting out tornadoes ... However, I will have my own vehicle and the minimum equipment to follow the weather forecast.

Regarding my documentary, I'm still looking for people who would agree that I follow them or who would agree to spend a few days with me. I repeat, I am autonomous, I refuse to be a burden for anyone. First and foremost, I want to be safe and meet people who will help me to carry out my project!

I intend to spend about twenty days in the United States (it's short time but it's the wedding season in France and I have to attend some ...)
Three quarters of my trip will be used for hunting, the rest will be used to go to cities that have been devastated by tornadoes for interviews. I am thinking in particular of Greensburg.

If you ever have ideas, advice, a good word do not hesitate to contact me.

Have a good day!

Gabriel.
Here it is. Apparently they made a few episodes.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Stormtrack mobile app

Hi everybody,

update regarding my project. After the survey you filled I'm now looking for people wich have been victims of tornadoes like the habitants of Greensburg, Moore, Joplin and others cities. I'm also looking for stormchassers, confirmed or beginners.

I would like to meet you, discuss with you and record what you'll like to share about tornadoes. So, If your are intersted or if you have relatives wich could possibly be intersted contact me.

I'll be in the US the beginning of June for twenty days. The concerning states are Oklahoma, Colorado, Kansas mostly but I can drive further.

Please, don't hesitat to start a conversation with me. We could arrange a meeting and have a good time sharing a discussion about tornadoes.

Have a good day!

Back