position and GPS

Oh.. okay.. thanks for the info. Its not cool since I was in camping and couln't change the gps position on my laptop.. Could not send report of the vortex, tornado, damages, etc... Well... I won't report when im on the road then.

Very few laptops have GPS in them and very few Windows apps are written to use the Windows Location Services Protocol. You likely need a USB puck GPS to get most Windows apps to show your location. Best way to report on the road is with RadarScope on a phone.

You press the extra actions button and submit SN report.

No.

Attachments

• Capture.GIF
    Capture.GIF
    353.9 KB · Views: 0
FYI, was able to send a mPing TEST... should be able to send proper report from the cell but will need to investigate why its not working onnthe cf20. Thanks for the support and tips.

If you click settings; Layers, what is the third item in the list? For me it is STATEMENTS.

When I click the little gear at the bottom a window pops up, at the top of this window is a bar with buttons for "layers" "settings" "help" and "pro", under layers are the following options in this order

warnings
lightning
storm tracks
mping reports
locations
cities
highways

Oh that could be the issue. Tier 1 is pretty much a requirement for chasing. Tier 2 can be overkill.

I believe I once had tier 1 on my home computer and it was only 10$ a year, but I never got it on the ipad, and I'm not sure what features in it would be needed for chasing? Without any subscriptions I get 4 tilts of reflectivity, velocity, and duel pole products, as well as storm relative velocity (which is not too useful in ny), echo tops, VIL, 1 hour and storm total rain, and the storm tracking algorithm

All I remember tier 1 adding was the longer animation and lightning, while the long animation is nice, I wouldn't want to use up too much data running it on mobile, and in the warm season I can generally assume any meaningful area of 50+dbz has lightning and any <50dbz echo doesn't

Is there somthign important I am missing out on in tier 1 that I don't know about?

I don't have Tier 1 or Tier 2 and my Layers are: Warnings, Watches, Statements, Discussions; Lightning,Storm Tracks, Derived Contours (Pro2); Storm Reports, Spotter reports, mPing Reports; Outlooks; Locations, Spotter Locations;, Cities, Roads, Satellite (Pro 2), Radar Brightness.

I am on Radarscope 4.6.3.

OK, I think I have a clue. I have an old ipad that is stuck at IOS 9.3.5 and it has an old version of of Radarscope (3.13.1) that the layers more closely resemble what you have - even though the iPad has more than you listed.

Back