Okay suckas -- got a weather question?

Mr. T

Got some crazy weather questions for the T? Ask them here. And keep away from my van, fool!

Can you explain what exactly a vortex is and what holds it together for us? The cause and effect cycle of tornadogenisis. Thanks. ;)

Mike

Originally posted by Mike Hollingshead
Can you explain what exactly a vortex is and what holds it together for us? The cause and effect cycle of tornadogenisis. Thanks. ;)

Mike

T seems to be stumped already ... "It is well known that the cyclostrophic balance of a vortex is upset in the boundary layer's inner or surface layer because friction reduces the tangential wind and centrifugal force to zero at the ground but the inward radial pressure-gradient force does not vanish there. Strong inflow within the surface layer, driven by the unbalanced inward pressure-gradient force, transports fluid parcels closer to the axis than would have otherwise been possible without friction." Tornadogenesis with and without a dynamic pipe effect by R. JEFFREY TRAPP and ROBERT DAVIES-JONES, National Severe Storms Laboratory, NOAA.

-------------------

How about a question that is beyond all of our grasp ... where are all the girls when we chase?

Contrails....

Contrails....

according to a few viewers... it's really government chemical spraying, right?

It's probably this fool, eh?!
15db4d3cf3aa018da50e7f7561078b56.jpg
Ohhh... Coronel Decker burns me up too!

Thanks "T",

I knew you and the team would know!

Mr. T, what do you have against airplanes and why did you let the A-Team guys always knock you out before a flight?

Also, can you name some benefits of the pressure coordinate system used in weather models?

Does he mean vertical pressure coordinates, if you use terrain in the models, sigma is used instead of pressure, how many levels are used in the models, the horizontal resolutions of the models, and what models.

Vertical Coordinate Systems:
Eta Coordinate System
Hybrid Coordinate System
Non-Hydrostatic Sigma Coordinate System
Sigma Coordinate System
Theta (isentropic) Coordinate System

Models are usually grid or spectral, and global, regional and mesoscale models for what area they cover.

Last I knew, They keep model tinkling, so I assuming this data might be outdate also. So the vertical levels or layers may be different than what is listed.

Vertical Resolution:
ECMWF has 31 vertical layers
ETA has 60 vertical layers
GEM has 58 vertical layers
GFS has 64 vertical layers
NGM has 16 vertical layers
NOGAPS has 24 vertical layers
RUC-2 has 50 vertical layers

Drats forgot to add the MM5, RAMS, UKMET, WRF, we add it later.

Mike

Lissen here fools, I ain't got no time for the Jibba Jabba on A-Team.... you all keep this on weather. I don't want to be hearing nothin but your pea brain rollin' around in your head now.

With pressure coordinate systems, we get easy equations because everything's pretty much horizontal. And you run into problems near mountains. You use old gridpoint models near the Rockies and you gonna buy more trouble than you bargained for!

With sigma coordinate systems, the crazy surfaces follow the ground, the mountains and everything, and flatten out as you get higher, and the coordinates are packed close to the darn ground so you get good representation of important weather near the ground. But the equations are tough, and the source code looks like cream cheese. Cream cheese, Jack, you understand?!!

And also we have isentropic (theta) coordinate systems that follow the danged potential temperature surfaces, and they're high above cold air and low above warm air. But they do bad whenever the atmosphere is non-adiabatic. This pitiful coordinate system couldn't take on a bit of precip singlehandedly! And what if there's lots of crazy heating in the boundary layer? Dang old fool.

Then we have hybrid models which combine some of each. But I'm gonna stop here. You all be overusing models, one of these days I'm gonna pound you all into the ground. Are we gonna get down with our own bad selves or what?!?

I been hearing some things here about chasers blocking emergency vehicles or some jibba jabba. If I see anyone doing that, well, prepare to meet the T's fist! And I'm hearing about Tornado Attack gettin' into the funnel. WHAT?! Get us all killed, I don't know.

And as for that vortex question, dang it that's fluid dynamics. Hey pea brain, what do I look like, Stephen Hawking? Ask Bob Davies-Jones... that guy's crazier than Murdock.

Where do I live? What kinda darn question is that? No way, you crazy fool. I may be wanted by the government but I mind my own business. Take a cue from the T.

Now don't stay up late, and eat all your greens. Remember I love you. I'll see you soon. And DON'T TOUCH MY VAN!

[Broken External Image]:http://www.shaftagents.com/baracus.jpg

I guess my question would be....

Do you worry about a massive coronal discharge when chasing with all that metal around your neck?

(BTW, loved your cereal)

Regards,

Mike

Originally posted by mikedeason
Do you worry about a massive coronal discharge when chasing with all that metal around your neck?

Two words, sucka: Faraday cage.

My gold is an idealized conductor, and that means it's gonna cause a charge displacement that cancels the field inside. Don't get any ideas of taking my gold for your own protection. You do that and when I get finished with you, you're gonna be really big on pain. That's right Jack, you understand?!

Mr. T Can Forecast But His Ride Is A POS

Two words, sucka: Faraday cage.

My gold is an idealized conductor,

Yo Holmes, you need to stop front'n in that busted up old hoop'd, try'n to look like some old school wanna be chaser from 20 years ago in that P.O.S. ride.

Shizzel, dat'ol P.O.S. you b front'n in only has 14" Rims!!!

You gots to cash'n some of those fat nuggets on dat chicken neck for a new T Ride like this hommie...

2004 Cadillac Escalade ESV

[Broken External Image]:http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/m.../slideshows/episode_31/gallery/31_6_hzoom.jpg

Some Custom Mr T Style Paint

[Broken External Image]:http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/m.../slideshows/episode_31/gallery/31_7_hzoom.jpg

Some Serious Rims

[Broken External Image]:http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/m.../slideshows/episode_31/gallery/31_8_hzoom.jpg

And A Place For The Little T's To Watch Old Reruns Of The A-Team While Drinking Their Milk While Waiting For The Cap To Bust...

[Broken External Image]:http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/m.../slideshows/episode_31/gallery/31_9_hzoom.jpg

Its A T-Hellava Deal, Even Comes With In Updated Crazy White Boy To Replace Murdock To Cook For You G...

[Broken External Image]:http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/m...slideshows/episode_31/gallery/31_10_hzoom.jpg

So stop front'n and get you bad mofo self down to see da man for some crazy updated wheels. Hella, I think they can even take you P.O.S. Van and donated it to the Twister Museum since its so dated now like the movie Twister, nobody will know the dif...

Much Love To Ya Bro But You Need A New Ride!!!

Peace, Audi 5G

Gas To Burn, Debris To Fly, The Next Mr. T Storm Chase Is Just Around The Skew T Chart...

Back