Okay suckas -- got a weather question?

Dear Mr. T,

Settle a bet for me, if you don't mind: Are Skew-T diagrams really named after you?

You got that right, crazy man. You got a problem with that? Back in the 60s I was at U of Chicago under Ted Fujita, and he was telling me this and that about tephigrams, and I said, "Shut up fool! How's I supposed to READ the diagram in an unstable air mass when the dry adiabats are sloped over all crazy like. The danged sounding is so leaned over that it's like a pea brain fool all falling over from drugs or something!" I showed him the virtues of the T Diagram and it's all caught on now.

And as for Doug's ride? I don't think so, suckah. Man, grilling on the van? Anyone try that, I put my foot through their face. I ain't got time for no crazy stuff like that. You hear?

Hey, T Im a big fan of yours, watched you when I wuz a kid. Glad to hear of your wx smarts. When forcasting, Do you think it's betta to be thermodynamicaly or dynamicaly bias.

Another couple of questions T (if I may respectfully call you that.):

I've often heard that after completing your graduate work with Dr. Fujita, you began working with Vernon Dvorak on the now well known scheme to classify the strength of tropical cyclones by satellite analysis. The rumor is, however, you and Dvorak did not see eye-to-eye on what the name of the scale of intensity should be. Even today, there's confusion about whether we should call it the "CI" number or the "T" number. Could you please elaborate a bit on this interesting bit of meteorological history. Also, do you feel a bit disgruntled that you never received the credit due to you for giving us the "T" number?

Regards,

Mike

Mr. T,

I have searched high and low on the internet and even have a meteorology degree but I do not understand what the "altimeter setting" is. I have a feeling I am not alone as most definitions are: "the number to which you altimeter is set."

The NWS description is just as horrible:
That pressure value to which an aircraft altimeter scale is set so that it will indicate the altitude above mean sea-level of an aircraft on the ground at the location for which the value was determined.

Please help!

Way Cool

This is just way too cool!!
Mr. T, will you please tell Murdock that I have absolutely been in love
with him ever since I saw him walking down the isle in a bridal gown???

With all the thunderstorms we receive in NC, why do we never seem to have tornadoes that will reach a stage higher than F3?

Aircraft Flying Too Low!!

Hello,

I may have an answer for this:

I have searched high and low on the internet and even have a meteorology degree but I do not understand what the "altimeter setting" is. I have a feeling I am not alone as most definitions are: "the number to which you altimeter is set."

The NWS description is just as horrible:
Quote:
That pressure value to which an aircraft altimeter scale is set so that it will indicate the altitude above mean sea-level of an aircraft on the ground at the location for which the value was determined.

Part of the check-off procedure before you start flying an aircraft is to set the airplane's altimeter to zero while the plane is on the ground. Failure to do so will result in flying too low! :shock: A mis-set altimeter may be reading 200 feet when you are actually 20 feet off the ground. Yikes!!

Also when you fly your aircraft to a different airport that is higher/lower in altitude, you will be informed by the traffic controller or by maps what the airport's altitude is. Also changes in barometer pressure can result in off readings too. Some airports have automated weather messages that tell you what the current barometer pressure reading is so you can make the proper adjustment while flying.

Happy Flying! No I don't have a pilot's license. But I did sleep at at Holiday Inn Express last night. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I luv Mr. T!!!

I have two questions: Do you own the Mr. T's Travel Plaza in Tucson... :p

and

What happened to the T-Nator Web site!! (The one that allows you to T-Nate someone's Web site (a copy of course), making it a shrine to Mr. T.)

Mr. T....you are the bomb-diddley.

Back