October or June?

Tim Gonyo

EF2
This Afternoon: Partly cloudy, with a high around 64. Northeast wind around 15 mph.

Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 46. North northeast wind between 5 and 13 mph.

Saturday: Partly cloudy, with a high near 62. North northeast wind between 5 and 13 mph.

Saturday Night: Mostly clear, with a low near 43. North northeast wind between 6 and 10 mph.

Sunday: Partly cloudy, with a high around 66. North northeast wind between 6 and 11 mph.

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 50.

This year has sucked 100% so far. Winter was too warm. Severe thunderstorms are few and far between. And now it looks like summer died too. I'm so leaving this state.

yea Im hearing that here too in CA (so whats new)

looks like all (and it's actually pretty good) Ive got going is a month and a half of monsoon in the Utah mountans starting next month
it literally rocks there every day from afternoon mountain convection

in fact Ive found a large mountain top location that has grass burnt lightening strikes (8' in diameter) on the ground about every 20ft apart for acres! pretty amazing place if someone wants to study CG strikes ! :lol:

in fact Ive found a large mountain top location that has grass burnt lightening strikes (8' in diameter) on the ground about every 20ft apart for acres! pretty amazing place if someone wants to study CG strikes ! :lol:
[/b]

That sounds extremely interesting either for just visiting or for some sort of diabolical scheme or some crazy art project.
:huh:

--
Tom Hanlon

I'm so leaving this state.
[/b]

Should've been chasing Tuesday, Tim... :p :lol: ;) <_< :huh:

What's sad is that those 3 tornadoes account for maybe...infinity times the action seen in the other Midwest/Plains states in the last month? Or none at all, since anything times zero is still zero. :lol:

Yes, it has been exactly 1 month since the last significant tornado in the Plains.

Temps here are normal for this time of year. But, what's up with this weather pattern? I think I'm seeing more storms here in Idaho than some people in the Plains. :lol:

Freeze Watch
Hazardous Weather Outlook

This Afternoon: Mostly sunny, with a high around 63. North wind around 13 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph.

Tonight: Patchy frost after 3am. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low around 34. North northeast wind between 10 and 13 mph becoming calm. Winds could gust as high as 24 mph.

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 61. Calm wind becoming north northeast between 8 and 11 mph.

Saturday Night: Areas of frost after 2am. Otherwise, mostly clear, with a low near 29. North northeast wind between 7 and 10 mph becoming calm.

This year has sucked 100% so far. Winter was too warm. Severe thunderstorms are few and far between. And now it looks like summer died too. I'm so leaving this state.
[/b]

Sorry, Tim, but I totally disagree with you on that one.

This year has sucked 150%.

John (malcontent)
VE4 JTH

I'm so leaving this state.
[/b]
Oh no, man...don't say that now...I was just wanted to open a discussion where in the Plains you guys suggest me to move :lol:

But seriously, what is wrong with this year so far?? In Europe we had pretty extreme winter (don't worry, winter sux for me, too), now it should be summer and we had frost in some places! This happens here maybe few time in 100 years or more. Its like in early March, unbelivable!

And now as I see in States its going in similar way...something is wrong again this year, last one was weird as well. Any thoughs about these years...I doubt it could be global warming effect, not so fast :wacko:

We've had two coastal storms over the past few days in the northeast. Last Sunday we were overcast all day with a low stratocu layer and about 60F. It was like summer in Juneau, AK.

RECORD EVENT REPORT
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE GREEN BAY WI
445 PM CDT SUN JUN 11 2006

...RECORD LOW SET ACROSS THE NORTHWOODS THIS MORNING...

AT 500 AM THIS MORNING...THE TEMPERATURE AT THE MERRILL
MUNICIPAL AIRPORT REACHED 32 DEGREES. THIS IS A NEW RECORD LOW FOR THIS
DATE. THE PREVIOUS RECORD WAS 34 DEGREES...BACK IN 1980.

Back