NWS Des Moines hit by lightning!

The Souix Falls radar has been stuck on 711pm for an hour and a half though.

"Right after the lightning hit, Johnson told coworkers that he felt odd and something was wrong and he felt a tingling feeling, NewsChannel 8 reported."

That's an absolute monstrosity of a sentence.

"Right after the lightning hit, Johnson told coworkers that he felt odd and something was wrong and he felt a tingling feeling, NewsChannel 8 reported."

That's an absolute monstrosity of a sentence.

Yeah, obviously this reporter isn't Captain Grammar. If you are a JOURNALIST, shouldn't you know a few things about basic grammar?

It bugs me. Seriously, I proofread everything I write before I distribute it. I guess I'm a little anal about such things, though.

/end threadjack

Well after driving through that monster MCC on the way home, I'm not surprised about DMX ... the lightning from Des Moines south all the way home was ridiculous. Streamers all around me - - - at one point I almost started wearing my sunglasses due to the intensity. The lightning was doing whacky things tonight ... at this point I'd be curious to know what it DIDN'T hit between Des Moines and here.

In addition to hail shields, I'm thinking that chasers may want to install some pontoons on the sides of their vehicles ... my little adventure through the great flood of Iowa tonight was one I won't soon forget.

Back