Nikon Coolpix 8.0-Megapixel Digital Camera

Originally posted by Aaron Kennedy
I'd wait on the drebel... rumor mill has the new drebel coming out during PMA (Feb 20-23).

Aaron

Any links ??

The local Costco offers the Nikon 5700 for $299, with (I think) a $50 rebate to boot. (Maybe that price was WITH the rebate - I just glanced at the display.) You'll still need memory and whatnot, but the base price rocks.

I don't know if it's a local or regional price, but I'll offer to grab one for anyone interested.

-Greg

I recently bought at Fuji Fine Pix S7000 and have been very impressed with it so far. I bought it new on E-Bay for $450. It has 6.3 megapixels with 6x optical zoom. It also has adapters so you can add wide angle and telephoto lenses if you want. Here are a few sample pictures that will give you a clue of the quality. Sorry about the large size of them. I did a lot of research before buying this camera and for the money. I thought that it would do the most for me for the money.

58ab21bc01328031aa0879a077f33e3d.jpg16d1a0aac634642a8aa39c2868581473.jpg
82f9cf263ce30fe957dbf6f50e0000bc.jpg5b4a5a9037ce9b7ce6eb814ac4dd14e6.jpg
9f637af24d2e17555a201be2056358ba.jpg192b3203d79a9504c8097545f1488ce7.jpg[/img]

Mick,

The first thing I always tell people when shopping for electronics is not to even look at Best Buy. If you want save some money go to one of these places and buy the camera. For example with the Nikon 8700 you will save over $240 by not shopping at Best Buy. I would reccomend either B&H Photo or buydig.com. I personally have always used buydig and have always been more than satisfied with their service. Plus their prices are also lower than B&H. Here are the links to the cameras.

http://www2.buydig.com/shop/basket.aspx?sk...dd&sks=NKCP8700,

or you can check out the camera that I bought here

http://www2.buydig.com/shop/product.aspx?r...r&sku=FJFPS7000

I am not sure if you're still looking at or thinking about getting a DSLR but you can check those out as well.

Darin

Khristian, Thanks for the kind words about the pictures. Your's are pretty spectacular as well.

Mick,

I am not sure if you're still looking at or thinking about getting a DSLR but you can check those out as well.

Darin

Thanks for the info Darin and to the rest of you. It sounds like the rebal is the best deal $$$ and quality. I would have never realized that the cameria I was looking at could not have extra lenses. That's why I came to you all first. I see no point in buying a camera that I can't get lenses for. Thats like buying a computer that you can't upgrade. At least thats the way a view things.

I am going to get one here in a few weeks and maybe one a low end lens.

Mick

I see no point in buying a camera that I can get lenses for. Thats like buying a computer that you can upgrade.

Unless you purchase an Apple computer, which you can just throw out whenever you want to upgrade, all PC's are upgradeable... am I the only one to whom these two sentences doesn't make any sense?

Originally posted by Rockwell Schrock+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rockwell Schrock)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Mickey Ptak
I see no point in buying a camera that I can't

Unless you purchase an Apple computer, which you can just throw out whenever you want to upgrade, all PC's are upgradeable... am I the only one to whom these two sentences doesn't make any sense?

I see no point in you being like that Rockwell. :roll:

can - Edit: can't Typo...

Mick

Back