New incar wi-fi setup

I've just gotten the DBSW 819 mobile wireless amp Gordon Spencer promoted in a Marketplace thread and looking forward to setting it up and testing it around town in the next few days, though it may be awhile before I can take it out of town for a service test. It's a satisfyingly solid unit and kit.

The kit comes with an inside paddle-type antenna which the mfr. recommends be mounted on the dash. The external antenna mag-mounts preferably on the roof. As Gordon says, the RF power is safely shielded away from the occupants, unlike sticking the RF right next to our brains, as one does with a hand-held cell phone.

I bought the exact same unit from Gordon about a month ago. I haven't tested it other than in my driveway where I get good signals anyway. It goes into active duty tomorrow. My current target is Hobart OK, so it looks like I'll be in rural areas all day, using Verizon cellphone and Verizon express data card. Only caveat is that I left my inverter in Denver with my car (which now has some niggling electrical problem, and I have a rental) so unless I stop and recharge somewhere (not likely) I'll only be using it for the data card for a max of the 3 hour laptop battery life.

I'll try to remember to report back in this thread about how it works!

Bob

ANNOUNCEMENT!

Autonet is FINALLY being rolled out PUBLICALLY! I will get getting a list of a couple of dealers in which you can purchase the unit through. More information will be coming within the next few days!

ANNOUNCEMENT!

Autonet is FINALLY being rolled out PUBLICALLY! I will get getting a list of a couple of dealers in which you can purchase the unit through. More information will be coming within the next few days!
Fool me once - shame on me
Fool me twice - shame on you

:)

Now - this is about the SIXTH time I have heard that the product is "rolling" out.

Put me on the list ;) I want one.

Shall await additional info.

Is there some benefit from ordering from one of you guys? beaudodson @ usawx.com email me

Beau

Cool. I just searched eBay for grins and found this.

Not sure how they came up with the price. Seems different than what was said in this thread. Wonder how they came up with that monthly price, and that it had to be pre-paid.

That proves murphy's law. After waiting for this to come out for over a year, I gave up and just ordered the Alltel USB aircard yesterday.

Well.....I now know for a FACT that I will have a dealer to direct you to sometime this week. Also, it is possible that you could have a unit within a week. I would NOT buy the unit from ebay.......I hear that the price is going to be much lower than that advertised 595......

Finally, the real deal is coming out.

Well.....I now know for a FACT that I will have a dealer to direct you to sometime this week. Also, it is possible that you could have a unit within a week. I would NOT buy the unit from ebay.......I hear that the price is going to be much lower than that advertised 595......

Finally, the real deal is coming out.

Well thats certainly good news if it does happen. I was about to give up on this product for the 08 season.

BTW, I take it you werent becoming a dealer then?

ANNOUNCEMENT!

Can you do some speed test for us ?

Mobil WIFI

Here is a dealer That I met at The National Severe Weather Workshop in Norman. He said its cost is around $600 He had it hooked up and running and it was very fast but again it was in Norman and he was using a Att Aircard which had 3g.
Regional Contact

DH Marketing

P.O. Box 5680

Lago Vista, Texas 78645

Telephone (800) 966-3357

Fax (512) 267-7760

www.dhmarketing.biz

Well this is just sweet...now we have to go thru third parties...

No offense- but the news with this company justs keeps getting better all the time.
Hmm - if true then that is sort of interesting. I never saw a post that said the company wasn't going to sell direct though? I guess one might think that from Brett's post. Was there other information saying this?

That one phone number posted above goes to some company that has a bunch of extension numbers. Have no idea which one is the right one though. Need a name to go with the number. :) Brett is also getting some names and numbers together.

Last edited by a moderator:
From what I understand......this will be branched out. I don't believe that Autonet themselves will be selling the unit. I seriously hope this unit is not going to be around $600 given that most were told 350-400. I was even told this......I would be severely disappointed if this is true.

Anyway, my contact is gathering a list of representatives for me to post publically. I may still attempt to become a distributor. I haven't fully decided yet. They want some kind of marketing strategy from me.....which I do not wish to come up with to be honest. I have explained to them that I plan to sell to chasers and they don't get it. So, whatever....

From what I understand......this will be branched out. I don't believe that Autonet themselves will be selling the unit. I seriously hope this unit is not going to be around $600 given that most were told 350-400. I was even told this......I would be severely disappointed if this is true.

Anyway, my contact is gathering a list of representatives for me to post publically. I may still attempt to become a distributor. I haven't fully decided yet. They want some kind of marketing strategy from me.....which I do not wish to come up with to be honest. I have explained to them that I plan to sell to chasers and they don't get it. So, whatever....

Interesting on the price subject. Will be curious what your list shows as sales reps and what they are charging. I will certainly post back what I find out.

I don't understand why they can't figure out what "I am selling to chasers" means. lol I don't think THEY get marketing themselves - according to some of the posts on this thread.

Back