New game to defeat SDS

Whoops, I forgot to include this in my post:

Forecast.PNG

I still stand by my target of Miami, OK. I would play there if you are wanting quality daytime tornadoes.

ok_fronts.png

My target is Bartlesville, OK. Winds are veering slightly there, but it is near the triple point. Without upper air analysis it is hard to tell whether the low will deepen or not.

3-hr pressure tendencies would be interesting, but I can guess from the precip and secondary circulation north of Topeka that the major forcing is northeast of the surface low east of Wichita and that the system is bombing and translating rapidly northeast at 40 knots or more. I'd definitely see this as a triple-point play and be targeting a fifty mile circle centered on Kansas City. Since the storms should be moving northeast very fast for chasing purposes I'd be at the junction of I-35 and I-435 near Pleasant Valley, MO. I'm noting that the SPC is progging the large Moderate Risk area eastward, suggesting that this could continue as a nocturnal outbreak after the system consolidates in northern MO.

The secondary area of interest is at the tail-end where there seems to be plenty of shear and tons of moisture -- a triangle formed by Sherman, Paris, and Greenville, TX, at the bottom of the map. FWIW.

I realized this was the Picher day once I saw the surface map, and the SPC outlook was a giveaway. I'll never forget this day -- my wife and I saw our first violent tornado together. What a day, the conditions were simply off the chart!

I realized this was the Picher day once I saw the surface map, and the SPC outlook was a giveaway. I'll never forget this day. What a day, the conditions were simply off the chart!

That's for sure! Too bad many of us gave too much relevance to the Arkansas target, when actually South East Kansas and North East Oklahoma was totaly out of control.

Back