New chase vehicle

Jay McCoy

EF5
Well after 15 years I have retired the white Explorer that so many know. After 250,000+ miles she is worn out and has seen enough. Her tour of Duty is over. It is in many ways a sad day for me

I have now built a 2000 Olds Bravada that was formerly one of my chase partners but sadly he passed away in March of 2007. I have totally refitted the interior with new radios/equipment and all new wiring and my own emergency services equipment. It is an all wheel drive with a Vortec V6 with an aftermarket chip and exhaust and wide stance wheels and goodyear tires.

I added an Alinco dual band ham, a radio shack 500ch scanner and a motorola VHF for my AES along with a jotto laptop mount and a Delorme GPS and a Garmin Nuvi780. Also a Whelen CenCom siren and light controller and a Whelen Liberty LED lightbar with LED dash/decks and strobes in all 4 corners. I am sure this will drive the lightbar haters nuts but some of us are actually authorized for red/blues :). I still have a few small nicknacks to transfer over from the explorer

Now for a few pics

DSCF2361.jpg

DSCF2362.jpg

DSCF2364.jpg

DSCF2365.jpg

And an final shot of my beloved explorer. I will be pulling all the equipment out of her opver the next month or so:(

R.I.P Chase 1
truck006.jpg

chasetruck2004002.jpg

Was this the truck that use to be Maroon color? I remember a Bravada being sold from a chaser who passed, but not sure if it is one in the same.

BTW...keep that AWD system kept up in good shape, I hear they aren't as robust as the standard 4wd system found with the Blazers/Jimmy's

add:
Nevermind about the color, but I remember the truck now:

http://stormcsr.blogspot.com/

and the other ST thread:
http://www.stormtrack.org/forum/showthread.php?t=11898&

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like the new ride. She looks tough and ready for action. Also, the lightbar and strobes are sweeeet!!! Looks very nice my friend!

Very Nice and clean set up. I love the arrow stick on the lightbar. That is SWEEEET!:eek:

She sure is purdy, Jay. What an awesome setup and ride! Nicely done! Like David said, there should be no problem for traffic on I-40 seeing you when working wrecks on I-40...especially with the blizzards/snow storms and fog we get so often.

Although Chase 1 is out to pasture, the memories associated with it won't be. I still remember the incredible chase we had back on Oklahoma on 3/30/08 and 4/7/08 near Electra and Archer City.

Looking forward to some new memories! :)

ps....I wonder when the stormchaser police will show up and reprimand you? LOL!!

Wow, hell has frozen over!!!! Looks good Jay. Can't wait to get a photo of it next to the Tahoe.......I am glad you have come over to the dark side of BLACK chase vehicles ;)

Graham

Back