National Weather Festival 2010

As of yesterday there are nearly 40 vehicles registered for the spotter/chaser car show. Should be quite a show!

As for me right now, I've come down with a pretty bad cold...So, I will most likely be sitting this year out. I've taken today off of work as well, no reason to potentially get other people sick! Have fun everyone!

I'll be there! While not my first time to the festival, it will be my first time having my car in the car show (though my setup is nothing special) and having a booth inside with DVDs, prints, calendars, and T-shirts. And free pens. :) Should be fun, and am looking forward to meeting some of you there!

Also, for those of you who are coming and may not know this, Norman will be setting off fireworks at Reaves Park at dusk...they were rained out on the 4th this year, and the powers that be decided to postpone the show until closer to Veterans' Day, as tomorrow they'll be celebrating/commemorating Vietnam Vets.

Will be there also. I'll be the guy at the bottom of the atrium stairs from 11am-1pm directing the hordes.

ttiwwop.gif

.....now that the event is over. :D

I really enjoyed this year's event. It was nice to visit the SPC and speak with some of the forecasters, as well as to mingle with some other chasers and check out some chase vehicles those people are driving. There was some great information at some of the booths, and watching the weather balloon launch was an added bonus.

I'll post a few pictures I took. The turn out of storm chaser vehicles was impressive; the most I've seen in one location. I think a lot of people people who showed up were very excited to see the TVN guys, who were signing autographs.

A line of Storm Chaser vehicles:
IMG_0520.jpg

More Storm Chasers:
IMG_0522.jpg

A crowd gathered around TVN's Dominator:
IMG_0556.jpg

This picture is a bit misleading. This is the atrium in the Weather Center as shot from the 5th floor. At the time, lot of the people flocked outside to get their pictures taken with Reed, Joel, Chis, and the Dominator. Anyway, there was actually a lot more people there than this.
IMG_0588.jpg

Weather Fest was definitely a blast. It was great seeing the general public so excited about weather and storm chasing.

Thanks goes out to everyone who voted for us at the "National Weather Festival" in Norman, OK this weekend. We got 1st place in the professional class.
We had a good time and now to shake the flu I got from some one :(

It was great meeting everyone. I had a blast both at the Weather Festival and partying with everyone afterward. I won one of the door prizes for the car show, a light for my vehicle. That will be put to some good use as the lighting on my van is really weak. I'll definitely be there next year!

Back