National Weather Festival 2009

Jeff, there's not really a set schedule. I think the car show officially wraps up around noon after judging and prizes are done, but vehicles usually hang around until the end at 1pm.

I don't have the complete schedule for the weather balloon launches, but they will be hourly starting at 10am and we have TV meteorologists from KFOR, KOCO, KWTV and KOKH doing those.

Rick

I have already entered the 4Runner. Justin Teague and I are working very hard on a preview video for our highlight DVD which is slated for a late 2010 release. I think you will enjoy the preview. There is a lot of unknown footage on it. I will also be putting together a visual presentation board of the May 24, 2008 tornadic supercell which will be on display with my vehicle. I wanted to attend last year, but was out of town. I am really looking forward to this Saturday. It looks like the weather will be awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:
SevereStudios

Some of the SevereStudios team will be there this weekend, but I have to sit this one out due to job and family responsibilities this weekend. Have fun down there!

Make sure to stop by and say hi to the SevereStudios Team!

-Kenny Allen
[email protected]

I am so there in (oh chit!) 5 hours. I had better get some sleep.

I will be in the KOCO Eyewitness News 5 chase truck - my hand built baby - "FAST Unit 13"

It will be good to put some faces with names. Don't be a stranger.

I am really looking forward to meeting everybody! I'll be in my White Hyundai Tiburon!

I was wanting to display some decent sized prints today, but it is looking like it going to be
pretty windy!

I am so there in (oh chit!) 5 hours. I had better get some sleep.

I will be in the KOCO Eyewitness News 5 chase truck - my hand built baby - "FAST Unit 13"

It will be good to put some faces with names. Don't be a stranger.

I feel your pain, currently one hour out of OKC since driving overnight from St. Cloud, MN to attend today. Looking forward to seeing everything!

I just got into my office here in the NWC while on break from a meeting, and it's amazing to see how many people are here! I never came by the NWC on WeatherFest day, so I never understood how popular this thing is. It's awesome to see so many folks interacting with the NWS, various news organizations, the many research and application organizations around here, and even the private chasers here showing off their chase vehicles!

I was very impressed with the turnout at the Weather Festival today. It was great getting to talk to Angie Norris and Jeremy Jones. I have more faces to go with the names. I was amazed at how many kids were out there. I can't imagine having events like this to go to when I was finding my passion for storms as a kid. The popularity of storm chasing is unbelievable.

It was exciting how many people turned out! It was nice meeting you Greg! I fouled up pretty big time by not having any business cards, as well as not having my Gallery up on my website for potential clients! I could have easily sold most of the prints that I brought. I didn't even think about bringing extra prints for people that wanted them!:rolleyes:

I still have a few pics and video to go through but I threw together a few ready pics here:
http://wxdallas.com/nwsfest2009.html

Just wanted to add that it sure was nice to meet everyone. It's good to be able to put faces w/ names. I had a blast and nearly a sunburn (in November no less). Congrats to all the winners in the car show.

I still have a few pics and video to go through but I threw together a few ready pics here:
http://wxdallas.com/nwsfest2009.html

Ric, I made one of your pics (I was in the vehicle right next to yours though).

Somehow I tied for second place in the chaser car show for best looking car. A good wash and wax does wonders, I guess. Hey, free t-shirt.

chasevehicle.jpg

I just wanted to say my family had a great time ! It was nice meeting ya'll and look forward to seeing ya'll in the spring . Anyone want to guess how much fuel Val Caster will blow in that red monster ?

Hey chris...U tied with me for best looking...I was the Yellow Dodge. As far as fuel goes...A small middle eastern country should supply enough for him....

OK, three more for you.

Attachments

• carshow4.jpg
    carshow4.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 153
  • ouch.jpg
    ouch.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 151
  • wxgirls2.jpg
    wxgirls2.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 154
Thanks to everyone who attended the Festival! I don't have the numbers yet, but I'm thinking it had to be the biggest one yet. The chaser car show was the biggest ever.

If you attended the festival, we're looking for feedback, comments, suggestions, etc regarding the car show or the festival in general. What could we do next year to make it better? Are there things that you would like to see done differently?

Please PM me if you have any comments or suggestions.

Thanks!

Rick

Back