My new website!

Joey Ketcham

Hey everyone, after a bit of work on it I finally have my new website up and online. The web address is http://www.kschaser.com/ and is called The Kansas Storm Chaser. I have my weather photo gallery up and going, I still have a few other things I need to add....

I am definately opened to suggestions, let me know what ya think!

Nice site, but since you are looking for suggestions, I'll offer a few. First, I'd remove your email address from all pages - otherwise the bots will find it fast and you'll be overwhelmed with junk mail. Instead, try creating an image of your e-mail, or at least the @ symbol. Next, I though the photoshop image of yourself on the bio page didn't project you as being very happy - so I'd consider changing that. Finally, your photo gallery is wider than all the other pages, perhaps too wide for folks on laptops with small screen sizes. You might consider using smaller thumbnails, which would also cut down on the bandwidth consumption from visitors. Still, I think the general scheme and layout are nice.

Glen

Joey, looks great! I do agree with the last statement about your bio picture...Awesome looking overlap, but smile :wink:

I really like the layout, very easy and not cluttered up. This is just me, but if I hadn't looked through the photo gallery and seen the Escape was Kenneth's, I would have been looking for you in the wrong vehicle this spring. Having another person's chase vehicle pictured on your site is cool, but I'd rather see yours so I know who I'm looking at when I pass you on the roads :)

I look forward to more photographs and commentary from your site this spring!

Tim

Thanks for the compliments. Definately look forward to it progressing.

Glen,

Funny you said that regarding my picture, cause that's actually one of the better pictures I had of myself on my computer.. lol... I'll get something better and I'll work on the gallery more to get it sized better. I'm still playing with a lot of it now so it may change over time!

But definately keep the suggestions coming in and if you see or know of something you'd like to see added, lemme know.

Joey

Finally, your photo gallery is wider than all the other pages, perhaps too wide for folks on laptops with small screen sizes. You might consider using smaller thumbnails, which would also cut down on the bandwidth consumption from visitors. Still, I think the general scheme and layout are nice.

Glen

Hey Glen, I have a test page.. is this any better? http://www.kschaser.com/test.html

Let me know if you like that format better

Back