Mr. Tornado - The remarkable story of the Ted Fujita - Now on PBS American Experience.

PBS also has it up on their streaming App. I have Roku but I figure PBS has it for other streaming devices. Mr. Tornado is a great documentary. They have just enough personal background for the general viewer, and a ton of science for us!

Apparently I missed meeting Dr. Fujita by a couple years at my first weather job. He visited WeatherData a couple years before I started. So I miss a guy I never even met. Timing is everything. Sounds like storm chasing, lol!

What an excellent documentary of Ted Fujita and his relentless pursuit of understanding tornado science as we know it today. I sure enjoyed it and think most who watch it will as well. It was really impressive how he took still pictures from the residents and made it into a film of the entire lifecycle of that tornadic incidence. Very inspiring to say the least.

I enjoyed it very much as well. I also met Dr. Fujita in the early 80's, when he came to Topeka To give a lecture. Warren---maybe that is where and when you met him too?

I really enjoyed this program very much and was glad he got the credit he deserved for all he did for our understanding of tornadoes. I first met him in 1974 when i visited the University of Chicago.

Dang. Missed this on TV. :(
Just went & looked on YouTube. nothing but a couple clips there.
Guess I might have to try their website.

I would love to have a print of that super detailed hand drawn analysis of the full super outbreak. Being a weather geek who went to design school, I'm in awe of that detail and skill in both the art and the science.

For some reason when I attempted to record this on my Spectrum box off my local PBS station, what was recorded was a documentary about the 4/27/11 outbreak that I'd already seen, despite the program guide info being correct.

If all else fails one might find it on the PBS app for whatever streaming device you have. PBS app is free. Enter your local area so it can match you with your local PBS station. Ready to roll!

Finding it on their website was as @rdale suggested, click the link in the 1st post, from there is a link for the full video. that part was simple :)

Getting it to work, not so simple...took trying 3 different browsers & figuring out what to allow in the extra security I have.

Back