Most Quoted Movie in Storm Chasing

I dont chase but Twister is a good one and "You know what old Jack Buton always says at a time like this" from Big trouble in little china (Kurt Russel) is another one I quote sometimes.

My all time favorite quote is from the Art Of Storm Chasing DVD. Gene Rhoden and Tim Marshall are chasing a tube and then Tim freaks out and it goes like this:

Tim. M.: Were going to get fantastic footage here...
Tim M.: Gene Whippers please, whippers, whippers, whippers...
Tim M.: Hooooooly cow!!!!! It's a toooornaaaaadooooooooooooooooo!!!!
Gene R.: Wowwwwwww!

What is funny about this quote, it's the intonation of Tim's voice, it's just so funny, sometimes my chaser friends we gather and watch the DVD and when it comes to this part, we just keep rewinding it all the time and laugh to tears!!!

Thanks Tim for the great time!:D

I always said to my chaser friends that if one day I meet Tim in person I will shout out loud: Hooooooly cow! It's Tim Maaaaaarshaaaaaaaaalllllllll :D

Hope this wasn't mentioned yet....
But another good one from Ghostbusters is - "Aim for the flat-top!"

Fabian Guerra and I watched Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas coming home from some busted chase last year. Since then, Fabian often quotes from the movie as a setup presents itself on the models: "As your attorney I advise you to chase the cold core setup (or whatever it is)... and we must arm ourselves... to the teeth." I usually finish the quote as the movie does, "Well, if something is worth doing... its worth doing right."

The most quoted movie, however, is Twister. I forgot about Ghostbusters, though, lots of great lines. That also brings Caddyshack to mind. "I don't think the heavy stuff is coming down for at least another hour." - Greenskeeper Carl to the Bishop

Fabian Guerra and I watched Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas coming home from some busted chase last year. Since then, Fabian often quotes from the movie as a setup presents itself on the models: "As your attorney I advise you to chase the cold core setup (or whatever it is)... and we must arm ourselves... to the teeth." I usually finish the quote as the movie does, "Well, if something is worth doing... its worth doing right."

Haha, good movie. I like to quote Lacerda from the Mint 400 when Raoul Duke says, "Take me back to the pits."

Lacerda says, "No, no no no! We have to go on! We need *total* coverage!"

Oft used Twister quotes from several chases...

"NSSL says the cap is breaking, towers are going up 30 miles up the dryline." -Best when used while waiting for storms to fire, or while repositioning when necessary.

I remember an exchange between Mike Kruze and I from 2004 that goes something like...(as a caravan of white vans passes)

MK: Jonas Miller...he's a night crawler.
JN: We all started out in the same lab, then he went out and got himself some corporate sponsors. He's in it for the money, not the science.

My two are:

"She's comin'on boys and she's comin' on strong!"

and

" Hey skip, i think were gonna make it."

Probably my most-used phrase isn't an exact movie quote, but it's taken from one. I'm fairly impatient with whoever's navigating if they can't give me a quick, direct answer to questions like roads and turns and whatever. Quite often, when I have to sit and wait for the navigater to figure out what's going on, I'll snidely ask "So, exactly WHERE are we, Magellan?" (Tommy Boy)

Back to the Future: "D@mn! D@mn d@mn!"

Excellent quoteable movie!

"Wait a minute, Doc. You mean we've got to go BACK...to Salina?"

"Marty, you're not thinking 4th dimensionally!"

"1.21 gigaWatts...1.21 gigaWatts!"

"Great Scott!!!"

"Hello!! McFly!!!"

Let's "make like a tree...and get out of here."

I always said to my chaser friends that if one day I meet Tim in person I will shout out loud: Hooooooly cow! It's Tim Maaaaaarshaaaaaaaaalllllllll :D

Hahahaha! Yes I love Tim's videos just for his reaction. When we were on the Huron SD tornadoes on June 5 2006, I actually said "Tornadooo! Hollyyyy Coowwwww!". There were 2 brief weak tornado touchdowns before the bigger last one. Vid caps on my website but almost hard to see the first 2 because of quality but they were pretty visible to the naked eye.

We actually ran into Tim Marshall in Cherry county last year.

I have one that may not be a good one to quote in a chase vehicle.

Today is a good day to die! Prepare for ramming speed! - Lt Cmdr. Worf - Star Trek First Contact.

Saying that, I've never said that before. But with my twisted sense of humor I'd probably would to get a funny look off my friends. But then again they always thought of me being crazy. :)

Lines from Airplane!

"Surely you can't be serious!"
"I am serious. And stop calling me Shirley!"

Or a variation:

"Hey, that storm cell is getting bigger."
"And Leon's getting LAAAARRRRRGER!"

Back