Most Quoted Movie in Storm Chasing

Okay gang, I was chatting at the station the other day and somehow the topic of movie quotes came up. As Mike Nelson and I were chatting, the question became, what is the most quoted movie in Storm Chasing?

Naturally, he tought Twister. I, on the other hand, said my personal favorite to quote was Ghostbusters. I listed off many of the quotes and will do so here..

To Verne about his pole cam: "You've gotta try this pole."

To Jon V when my gear wasn't working: "What did you do, Ray?"

To Jon V when stuck in construction and a huge storm was oncoming: "See you on the other side, Ray."

To me about chasing at night: "I'm fuzzy on the whole good/bad thing; what do you mean bad?"

Said various times: "Important safety tip, thanks *name*."

Said about Mother Nature: "Lets show this prehistoric b*tch how we do things."

Many others, too many to name.

So with that, what is the most quoted movie in your chasing adventures? Obviously mine is Ghostbusters!

I don't know about mostly quoted movie as I haven't really quoted much movie-esque stuff while chasing.......but one occasion does stand out in my mind. It was from "Aliens" with Sigourney Weaver.

I said to Sean Casey while mincing around the side of the road in Montana circa 2002 while commenting about the crickets just beginning to chirp in the late afternoon:
K: "The crickets are starting...."
S: "Yep."
K: "Yeah they mostly come out at night......"
>Looks at each other<
B: "MOSTLY!"

:confused:
I guess not really that funny unless you're an Aliens fan, I suppose.

I'd also like to add a disclaimer that I have never - ever - quoted "Twister" to anybody while chasing! :p

I have, however, quoted Twister to people while not chasing. After almost coming to an end in a wreck no fewer than THREE times on one stretch of road (Oak St. in Conway, actually) because other soup-brained drivers...........I told Jason on no uncertain circumstances that "we have GOT TO get off this road!!!". LOL. Well. It was funny at the time. Maybe because we had almost ended up imbedded in someone's passenger door three times.

KL

I quote lots of movies (and TV shows) on chases, and for many of the quotes I probably couldn't tell you the movie it was from. The quote just pops into my head at an appropriate time and out it comes.

I'd also like to add a disclaimer that I have never - ever - quoted "Twister" to anybody while chasing! :p

KL

I cannot use the same disclaimer. One quote that comes to mind is the following:

As an apparent chaser caravan crosses the road we are on toward the north and we sit at the intersection facing westward:

Sarah: "Do we follow?"
Paul: "We do NOT."
;)

:) - All I can think of when crossing over into the "badlands," the eastern parts of the alley, where the trees and hills far outnumber the people, is the sounds of dualing banjos accompanying those stopping to ask me, "what's all them-there antenneeeeees on your truck, fella?" Suddenly, I have this fear of being asked to go on a canoe trip! 'nuff said! :) I think we're all a little guilty of mocking those unusually entertaining people we encounter while out chasing.

Note: this funny is not directed at any one state. For I too was born and raised in Kentucky. (keep you comments to yourself, please) j/k

Last edited by a moderator:
Great post Tony, gotta be unique!

I'm not afraid to admit it, but a Twister quote is probably the most common occurence for me...........How many times do you find yourself on a road in the middle of nowhere and think, "...it's like Bob's road..." ??:D

I'll have to think about it to come up with some more, but there are definitely others that are escaping me right now.

Amongst my group of chase buddies, it’s the old Tim Marshall videos we quote all the time.
“LLLLLPPPPPPP see meâ€￾
“Take stills Geneâ€￾
That and everyone’s name becomes “Geneâ€￾ when we are chasing.

Well I can't claim to have never quoted the movie Twister while chasing. It's too much fun not too:D

"Hey you guys!!! WOOOhooooo!!"
or "That's no moon it's a space station!!" Haha.

And I have to let Karen know I'm a huge Aliens fan. Definitely my all time favorite sci-fi movie. Hudson is hilarious. I think I quote him on daily basis, which would include during chasing too.

"Game over man, game over!!
or "yeah man, but it's a dry heat!":p

I have to agree with you just because it is my favorite movie of all time in the whole wide universe.

It's not chase-related, but while we're on the subject...

"Gozer, the Gozerian, good evening. As a duly designated representative of the city, county and state of New York, I hereby order to return forthwith to your place of orgin or to the nearest parallel dimension."

I came up with this, after spending a night in Valentine, NE, last spring:

"I may not be a professional storm chaser, but I DID stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night."

Back